Wow, what a fucking useless doctor's note!

I’m 25. You don’t have to be old to be far-sighted. I’ve worn them off and on since kindergarten. Thing is, I can read fine, my eyes have learned to adjust. It’s just that I strain them doing so, and reading too much causes really horrible headaches.

And what really sucks is that they had to order my lenses, my prescription is weird, so now I either have to deal with the headaches and eye strain (sometimes I can read myself into double vision) or hope my profs won’t be pissed if I fall behind in the readings (no assignments looming, just won’t be able to participate in the discussions).

Poo. Although, on a positive note- no hives! (I’m allergic to 5 different antibiotics, it’s always fun trying to clear up an infection)

Gah. The same thing happened to me, happily without the added complication of a doctor’s note. I was lying in bed one day and realized I felt very sickly and my heart was racing, even though I’d had no caffeine, no sudden frights, or anything of that sort. I called Info-Santé and they told me to go to a walk-in clinic, which I did. After sitting in the waiting room, surprise, my pulse had decreased somewhat, whereon the doc basically said I was making it up.

Irishgirl, hi, Doc! You say that the system works very well. Would the patient automatically be seeing the GP anyway or does she have to make a special trip just to get the note? (I’m not familiar with your system or specialty although I remember celebrating here with you when you became official!)

The first time I was sick in college I learned that nobody cared. There was no such thing as a sick slip. If you had to retake a test you had missed, you went on the make-up test day or went to the department office and they gave you the test right then. They ask no questions, so they get no lies.