WTF? A fucking PIG in heels!

I thought this was gonna be about Olivia!

Personally, I think this is just one more reason to turn off the TV and quit buying certain magazines. I see very little that’s positive on television and in the popular press, they’re just bleating sheep with nothing to say.

The only way to change attitudes is to live your life as you choose, with pride and dignity. Ignore those who would diminish your worth.

I’m holding you to this. There has GOT to be an upside to this whole middle age thing! :wink:

Well, there’s always the magazine Bacon Busters with its notorious Babes and Boars section!

(I’ve seen pictures from it, really truly scantily clad women posed with large dead wild pigs.)

Could someone post some links to pics or a website (doesn’t have to be celebs) of women of these various sizes? As a single guy, I have no idea what a size 2 would be to a 4 or a 10 or a 20 or whatever. How does this size thing work? I do understand the smaller the number the smaller/thinner? the person but would like a basis for comparison.

Does this mean jeans, tops, dresses, whole outfits? Tall or short? Or is it different for various apparel? Does it vary by manufacturer? Different in Europe or Asia or the US/Canada/Mexico? South America? Oz/NZ?

Ladies, help me please. I promise I won’t ask about makeup next.

Slight hijack I guess, but I just can’t figure this female size thing out.

You aint wrong there buddy.

Parts of it were even hotter when I shoved 'em under the grill :dubious:

Think of the women on Sex and the City. Carrie is a 0-2 and Miranda is probably an 8-10 right after the baby. European sizing is different from ours. No clue about S.A or Oz.

Klaatu, one of the reasons why women tend to spend more time shopping for clothes is that sizes vary by manufactorer. I can fit into anything from a size 12 in children’s to a size 4 in women’s. I recently gained a bit of weight and one of my size 1 jeans is a bit tight while another jean that is size 0 still fits fine. I noticed that the cheaper the clothes, the bigger they tend to be cut. When I shop at very expensive places, I tend to be a 2+ but at cheaper places I tend to be 1 or smaller. I’m ~5’2 105 pounds but I can wear some of my roomie’s clothing and she’s ~5’7 126 pounds with a very different body type. My sister and I can swap most of our clothes, although she is about 5’6 and weighs much more than I do. She isn’t online so I can’t ask her exactly what she weighs, but as you can see from this picture she is hardly a “bag of antlers.” She is much more well endowed than I am so we can’t swap shirts and we have to select different dresses, but other than that, our body types are pretty similar. (Here is a picture for comparison between us, I’m in the light blue, she’s in the pink). She’s a size 0/1 like me.

I wish there was a website that showed how varied a size can be. I’ve hunted all over and haven’t been able to find any. I’m willing to do it myself if I can find enough female models willing to pose in their underwear. About.com has a fairly decent guide to clothing sizes. Outsize of America, they use different charts.

Klaatu- I too looked and looked, but no luck. But I did find something interesting on womens bodies.

http://www.explore.cornell.edu/scene.cfm?scene=The%203D%20Body%20Scanner&stop=3D%20-%20Sizing%20Research&view=allViews

Scroll about halfway down and you’ll see 3 different body types.

My google-fu is off today, I just can’t ask the right question to get photos of each size in women. Very frustrating.

I know Land’s end has a program to have a virtual model of your body, but not sure if that’d work that great for comparisons.

What measurement are you going by? Last sizing chart I saw had 28" as a size 3. And I usually either wear a size 1 or a 26" waist. I’d say it’s pretty close, if not exact.

Sizing does vary though. Last pair of jeans I bought were a 24" waist. Of all the jeans I tried on that day (most of them chosen by the sales lady–I can tell what’s about my size by looking at it, regardless of what the tag says) they varied from a perfect fit (the pair I picked out) to so small I couldn’t get them past my thighs. And all of them were marked as 24".

I don’t know if everyone realizes this, but Details is a men’s magazine, with mostly male readers. I’m sure plenty of women do read it (I’m one female fan of the magazine), but Details is not a magazine aimed at women.

Just thought I’d point that out for everyone not familiar with Details or its primary readers.

Ms. Johansson is cute, but kinda skinny for my taste. I’ve never been a fan of bony women. If they look like I might snap them in two with a decent hug, then more vigorous activities seem hazardous. I want a gal that looks like she eats regularly, with some curves to explore…

Thank you Kalhoun, kimera and dafisharoo for responding re women’s sizes. I am getting a clearer picture now. Apparently it’s a major PITA to be a woman and find clothing that fits.

And BTW kimera you all are very pretty ladies and now I feel really old. :slight_smile:

Where are you shopping, because they’ve gone nuts with vanity sizing.

LL Bean’s sizing charts, which is not far off from most others I’ve seen (a bit vanitied, but not very) a 28 inch waist is a size 10.

Well, according to the link that kimera posted, a 28 inch waist is equal to about an 8 or a 10.

A 2 is about a 24 or a 25 inch waist.

At the risk of a slight hijack, I’d just like to point out that women’s dress and pants sizes have the most dense system of sizing I’ve ever heard of. Why is there no simple system like men’s pants have?