XM radio info

On the other hand, they have NPR and PRI, which aren’t on XM (and the BBC World Service, which is).

That would settle it for me. I can’t get by without NPR.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa…comedy channels?

Care to elaborate?

SIRIUS has two comedy channels. They both play comedy clips around the clock - stand up, prank calls, tracks from old Cheech & Chong recordings, etc. One of them (“Raw Dog”) often has swearing and adult topics, the other (“Cracked Up Comedy”) doesn’t.

Looks like XM has equivalents to both of those, as well as a channel that’s 24 hours of morning shows. (Must… resist… urge… to channel… Adam Carolla… ::ringing cowbell::slight_smile:

I love my Sirius radio! Another great channel is CourtTV. I don’t know if XM has that or not. Also, there’s a great new talk show on Saturdays called The Wise Guy hosted by Vincent (“Big Pussy” from the Sopranos) Pastore. He was hysterical as was his guest Toni (“Paulie Walnuts”) Sirico. Great music too (Sinatra, Martin, etc.)

How is the repeat level on XM, songwise? On the genre stations, do they tend to play the same things a lot or is it a deep catalog?

Depends on the channel. On the pop like stations (20, 21), you’ll end up with a lot of repeat, they play the same songs a lot. On the other channels, it’s more variety. I listen to Lucy, BPM, and XMU for my music channels (classic alternative, club, college alternative station), and there is not a lot of repeat. I’ll hear songs I like, but it’s not like a 4 hour rotation or anything.

There are also the Deep Track channels that really get into albums.

One note about this - I have Sirius too, and this is how I listen to it at work, but you can’t get all the stations via the Internet. The music channels you can get, but the content supplied by other places (FOX, CNBC, CNN etc.) isn’t streamed. So if you like your talk radio, just know you can’t get it through the Sirius web site.

That said, I love it anyway.