Yes, this is real: Sip & Develop–enjoy your own drink while you watch your film develop, at a strip mall near you

yeppers. We’ve been here 17 years and we love it.

Yet another issue with this business model: I’m not a wine drinker (or any other sort of alcohol, for that matter), but would being in the same room as a big vat of acetic acid really be conducive to appreciating the flavor of a fine wine?

The customers of the various “Wine & (whatever)” businesses do not care about appreciating a fine wine. It’s an excuse to do some kind of artsy activity while getting drunk.

The only times I ever developed my own film was when I took a photography class in community college, and we were told to keep the lights off even after sealing the container, probably because they were using low budget equipment that wasn’t fully lightproof.

Okay, this was great!

Last night, I watch the WeWork doco on Hulu, and kind of wondered the same thing myself.

One of the interviewees said, “This was a %^&*ing desk rental company!”

I’m not aware of any WeWork facilities in my neck o’the woods, but it sounds like he was trying to take over Manhattan.

As for the OP, who knows? Maybe it will be a success. Time will tell. It doesn’t have any better or worse prospects than the coffee shops and cafes that are springing up like mushrooms, and in most cases fading away as rapidly, in my area.