Yet another SWAT raid death and no charges filed

So…ARE you fine with the actions of the police?

The problem, as I’ve pointed out in another thread, is that the only reason this was considered not criminal is because the DA determined it was not criminal. It’s one man’s (admitedly weighty) opinion but it really has no bearing on whether the actions were right or wrong or even legal or illegal. The only question it answers is whether it was criminal or not criminal and we STILL have a right to argue on that very point and say “no, I disagree with the DA.”

As to the question of what the guy could have done to save his life and you responded to the effect of don’t get involved in illegal activities. Sorry but that’s just a ridiculous argument and you know it. That guy could have been anyone. It could have been the guy’s girlfriend (who could have avoided dying by not dating someone who is a roomate to a guy the police want). It could have been the guy’s kid (who could have avoided dying by not being born to a guy who rents a room to another guy who the police want).
You can respond to this with “but that isn’t who they found so all those hypotheticals are irrelevant.”
My response is this: at the point where the police shot a guy for standing in his own home and NOT because he was engaged in any activity from his past to which you could even absurdly try to justify retroactively his shooting, he just becomes a random guy that can be subbed in for random girlfriend or random kid or random Mother Teresa for all it matters.