Yet Another Urban Legend?

I was going to post the same thing. Apparantly this guys buddies were watching him go up in a helicopter when something went wrong. The helicopter crashed into an irrigation ditch and they couldn’t get the pilot out. To complicate matters there was a real danger of explosion and one of the pilots arms was nearly severed.

That big fat guy didn’t lift the helicopter but he was able to shift the weight so they could access the pilot. In the end everyone was saved and the crowd cheered. yay.

Marc

PS: I saw that on TLC a few weeks ago.

Remind me not to watch TV with redtail23

Ok, so what we’ve gotten from this is:

1. It is entirely possible to lift up a car… you don’t even necessarily need adrenaline.

2. A man once lifted a helicopter, but he wasn’t a mother (which would have been weird) and there was not a child underneath.

So, I still have yet to hear of anyone who knows an actual account of a woman saving her child from under a car from a burst of adrenaline. For labdude and anthracite: It is pretty implicit in the story that this is not a woman who would normally be able to do something like lift a car. The adrenaline caused her to do it.

Certainly, there are plenty of urban legends that are POSSIBLE. My question is, again, not whether it is possible, but whether it happened. From what it looks like, no one knows of a confirmed case.

The earliest mention I recall was on Real People back in the early '80s. They also had a show on “spontaneous human combustion”, so the believability factor is way down.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by redtail23 *

I’m basing this on an occasion when I tossed a television set halfway across the room, from a kneeling position.

Care to explain the story behind this occurance?