You didn't tell me this shit would make me psychotic!

Yeah, there’s no sticker for the less cutsie-faced side effects, are there? For similar (and considerably less severe) reasons, I can’t take a full dose of my asthma inhalter (albuterol). Hubby has even asked me not to take full doses. It does nutty things to my blood pressure, and it winds up giving me 1) a severe headache and 2) behavior reminiscent of the worst PMS I’ve ever experienced.

Other side effects not on the bottle that my body has freaked me out with:
Corgard (heart medication–turned out I didn’t need it) gave me severely vivid nightmares. For months I thought I was going insane, or reliving repressed memories (hey, I was a teenager). My doc, when told, said, “Oh, yes, it can do that…”
An anti-nausea medication (a shot given to me in ER) gave me “pseudo-Parkinsen’s.” Completely flipped me and my coworkers out–I had tremors and couldn’t hold my fork at lunch. Again the doc said, “Oh yeah, it can do that…”

:eek:

Lesson learned is: Look the drug up on the Net like you did and know what abnormalities would be normal. Glad you know now!

No, but in some respects they’re chemically simillar, which is why they’re both called “steroids”. One category is anabolic steroids (the body-builder stuff) and the other is corticorsteroids (which is the allergy/immune problem stuff)

I went through 9 months of prednisone and puberty at the same time. Not pleasant.

What is a “moon face?”

When I read the title, I thought this thread would be about marriage.

Steroids tend to make you take on fluid. You do it in such a way as you end up with a ‘moon face’ - basically just a puffy face but rounded out like a full moon - and a ‘buffalo hump’ - where the fluid also swells your torso most prominently along your back.

My knickname because of this was ‘buffalo hump/buffalo butt’ growing up. Nice to know my family was so supportive.