You fill out my Census (Canada 2016 version)

Same here. I’m out of the country for a few more weeks and the post office is holding my mail.
If they want my census filled out by May10, it will have to be May 10, 2017. Otherwise, screw them.

Leaffan and bb49, you might find answers to your questions here:

http://www.census.gc.ca/ccr16g/ccr16g_001-eng.html

It’s what to do if you’re travelling, and won’t be able to complete the census by the required date.

Thanks Spoons.

I probably won’t do anything though, because really, what are the implications? When I’m back in Ottawa in a week or so I’ll complete it then. I doubt I’ll be fined or anything.

I must have had the long form. It seemed to go on forever.:smiley:

I definitely got the long form, and it did go on forever. Some interesting questions though.

So I filled it out. Sex not optional. :smiley: I put in the comments section that there has to be an option in the future for people who are non binary. My roommate is a bit peeved.

I got the short form, which surprises me, because I have been in a longitudinal study for years, I thought I would automatically be getting the longer form one. Then again, I just had my yearly quiz from StatsCan. It is tedious, but I was happy to do it.

The Cub and I filled it out together. Aside from a squabble about language first learnt and still understood (he maintained he spoke the same language as Sin Cara from the WWE :)), it went pretty well. Short form.

Mine went in the blue bin, at least I recycle.

You realise what will happen, don’t you?

Chippy little Census takers will come and nag you to do it.

I’m soooo jealous!

:slight_smile:

Edit: and yes, I did put down “Esperanto” as a language spoken in my household. :slight_smile:

Tonight is Der Tag!

From Global TV: Procrastinating on the 2016 Census? Here’s what might happen.

And here’s an interesting article about the future of the census:

Census excitement obscures questions about its future: Mandatory long form is back for census day, but is it here to stay?

I thought I’d better do mine tonight, expecting a few clicks of keyboard and mouse and done. Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick, I sat here in front of the monitor for what seemed like half an hour getting the third degree of interrogation. Yeah, I got the long form. :stuck_out_tongue: