You have a date, because Chick “dresses up” old tract!

Yeah, because she’s the recycled boy-baby with a bow in her hair, playing with the same odd-looking toy.

Curiously enough, both boy and girl babies had a doll, suggesting that gender stereotyping in Chick World doesn’t begin until later in childhood.

In the Creole version linked to above the baby is naked except for some kind of necklace and anklet and playing with a drum made out of a log. At least Jack has seen Roots (‘he went into the forest to chop a tree to make himself a drum and that’s how the slavers cotched him’).

I like how the Jesus-freak kid says “isn’t losing something the opposite of evolution?” - such a stab in the heart of the professors logic! And not completely misunderstanding the theory of evolution at all!

bi* ???
What in the world does bi* mean?
(checks footnote)
Oooohhhhh! Bisexual! I would have never figured that out.

Please trust me on this, Guin. No, no you don’t wish for that. I had a really crazy ass instructor in Monterey. She was so crazy that messing with her only gave the messer, not the messee, a migraine. That class scarred all of us in it for life, I fear.

It’s because they “don’t show what we did next”.

Though I understand it’s in the Chick Deleted Scenes, though those are $16 per copy instead of 16 cents.

I’ve always taken the ugly expression that Chick puts on the baby’s face to suggest that everyone tends to be selfish and demanding from birth. All doubt was removed for me by the early pages of Bad Bob. The message is clear that little ones come out sinful and require early discipline to develop at all on the straight and narrow. Some of his other tracts seem to contradict that, though.