You should be watching Breaking Bad. You will thank me.

It’s difficult at times to keep in mind that it’s dark comedy, rather than drama. Or maybe a dramedy. There’s a lot of tension, to be sure, and it does turn somewhat bleak at times, but then something like the cousins come along, and while they’re menacing, you have to laugh at the over-the-top badness.

I watched the first season. I stopped after that. I just couldn’t get into it and never bothered with season two. I couldn’t tell you why.

I think these moments are well crafted ways of tying up loose parts of the plot that are no longer required. Such as the way Ted’s character was written out of the series (conveniently tripping over carpet).

haven’t watched this yet, but intend to.

I always liked “Malcolm in the Middle”, thought all the cast was excellent & look forward to watching Bryan Cranston in a different type role.

Just watched season one. Very good show. I’ve never tried meth, though, and now I’m kinda curious. How many seasons have there been? Just ordered season 2 discs from Netflix.

First off, if anyone who hasn’t seen this show is tempted to click on that spoiler…it’s a HUGE spoiler. Probably the biggest one in this thread.

Having said that, I didn’t have a problem with it but I know a lot of people did. Anyways. You’ll notice that last season did that to a lot of things, part of the reason was that…they didn’t know if there was going to be another season so they wrote and filmed it so that Face Off could be the series finale if it needed to be, with everything all wrapped up and no loose ends. As of right now, next season is scheduled to be the final season. It’s going to be an extended season and split into two parts.

4 Seasons so far with Season 5 set to be the final one.

Yeah, this is my favorite show in a long time.

I keep hoping they’ll write in a part for Frankie Muniz as his estranged son.

They’ve specifically said that as much as they’d like to have some of the MITM actors on they won’t do it because it’ll take away from the drama/darkness of the show. I have to say I agree. I don’t remember if it was Vince or Bryan that said that but it made sense when I heard it.

I think there may have been one or two extremely minor one off characters from MITM that had extremely small roles on BB though. But Malcolm, Lois, Craig…not gonna happen.

It is certainly bleak. It is one of those shows that I watch a few episodes of and then take a break with something cheery. Sometimes I can’t go back for days.

That said, it is fantastic.

Was the term “breaking bad” used prior to the show?

I had a lot of trouble with the characterization of the wife in early episodes. The scene with the birthday gift in the pilot is to my mind completely implausible and is basically a cheap shot at a stereotype. The show is capable of much better.

With that said, I’ll say I feel the character came into her own to a great degree through the run of the show.

With that said I will also register that I think the show definitely doesn’t do enough to evoke as much understanding of the wife’s character as it ought. I constantly have the feeling I’m seeing her as Walt sees her and not as she is. That does bother me.

But no show is perfect. Breaking Bad is right up there.

Not sure what this is referring to. Can you say more without spoiling it?

I do know what you mean here. Another weakness, I agree! But this is probably just a difference in taste–it doesn’t bother me as much as it does you.

I think Dean Norris deserves awards for his performance to the same degree that Cranston does.

That’s an interesting point. I think the “uncomfortableness” is part of the lure of the show for many of us watching it. There’s been moments where I really, really wanted to look away from the screen but just couldn’t.

So count me in with the rest of you that just recently started watching it and can’t get enough. I’m on about the third episode of season two via Netflix so far. Fantastic show.

Favorite non lead character so far: Tuco. What a crazy badass. And his Uncle with that damn bell! Aggghh! Too bad Tuco is a goner. What a great episode that was!

Yes, although I’ve never heard it.

I assume he means the scene in the first season where

Walt uses fulminate of mercury to create a big explosion in Tuco’s office as they are negotiating.

Yeah, I know they couldn’t actually do it. It would be freakin’ hilarious, and hilarity isn’t exactly what they’re shooting for.

Still, it would be freakin’ hilarious. :smiley:

I love this show. It’s certainly nothing I’d ever have chosen to watch, based on the brief storyline in the TV guide but my son (27) was watching it and I couldn’t stop watching. Unfortunately for me, he also kept watching it while I wasn’t a home, so I missed a fair bit. Now I have the first three seasons on DVD and am buying season 4 today, so I’ll start watching it from the beginning.

The season 4 DVD will be out in June – June 12, I think.

When does the new season start? This fall?

In July, according to this article.(Warning: Spoilers in article!)

They started filming here in Albuquerque yesterday. I can’t wait to see what happens next!