Young Obama supporters = Hitler Youth

How do you know?

I don’t. I just assume they aren’t retarded.

Sure it is. I was able to find this within two minutes of searching. Or this, from the movie Stomp the Yard.

I can see why he was suspended, but damn–the lesson taken from this (for the kids) will NOT be it’s ok to dream and look up to leaders. It will be if you step out of line, you lose your job etc.

It’s a damned shame all around. But what little I could see of the video did not remind me of the Hitler Youth in the slightest. Strangest analogy I’ve read today.

ETA: when I went to a step performance in college, the guys did indeed punch their fists in the air at the end of the performance. This was 1981.

Well, of course we have to have legions of jack-booted punk rockers! How the hell else are we gonna round up all the guns?

And the Bibles. Don’t forget we need all those bibles as an alternative energy source. Burning them should keep us all warm this winter.

From the Fox News article posted above:

Which is how I saw it.

Not quite the paramilitary look of the video in question but I see the connection.

Yeah, I don’t get the outrage over this. This looks like a disconnect between different kinds of cultures in America.

Just looking at the first link from MySpace videos, I see the guys are wearing fatigues, chanting and stomping in unison. But yet you don’t see a “paramilitary look?”

Yes, I also acknowledge the choreography from whence it came. My point still stands that the imagery doesn’t match the message.

No, it doesn’t, but it’s not worth getting worked up about either.

Not much to add other than I had thought the title was a reference to a Colbert segment from months ago that went (basically)

Obama was endorsed by Ted Kennedy, a devout Catholic.

The head of the Catholic Church is the Pope Benedict XVI (born Joseph Alois Ratzinger).

Joseph Ratzinger was a member of the Hitler Youth.

Conclusion: Obama loves Hitler.

These videos are disgusting, deeply offensive to Germans and should be offensive to Americans.

Well, I see a “paramilitary look” (although not nearly as much as in the Boy Scouts), but any group that wears uniforms and marches has a “paramilitary look,” (cops, Scouts, Civil Air Patrol, Marching bands, bagpipers, etc.) and my initial thought of a pep rally seems much closer to the reality of step dancing than the hysterical cries of some of the loons who are aghast at the performances who link it to Hitler Youth.

Good lord. Can you dial it down a bit?

Do you mean you don’t get the outrage over the Obama supporters’ musical numbers, or you don’t get the outrage over the RW linking them to Nazism?

Had to look that up. Good to read they were nonviolent.

How bout some long knives then.

In cult-of-personality terms, Obama has a long way to go before he tops Reagan. That’s what all this “Obamessiah” crap really means: The Pubs are just pissed the Dems have finally found their Reagan – a candidate they can not only vote for but feel enthusiastic about. Plus Obama actually has brains.

So what? It’s good for them to feel – to know – that they can exert some small measure of real power in society by action and organizing. Let us all hope it’ll work out better for them than it did for the original Panthers.