You're messy, but seriously- Have you no shame? At all?

You know, what, that was unfair. We’re in the Pit, where I guess that stuff is fine. The OP doesn’t want it in MPSIMS, which is where a sympathy thread would go, so I guess he has to take it.

It’s just a pet peeve, and I’ve wanted to respond to it in other threads, but making a Pit thread about people who aren’t nice probably wouldn’t go very well.

It might be entertaining, though. :smiley:

Start over

Has anybody seen one slightly used 140 year old farmhouse? Mine’s missing

Do you need a roommate?

Or so you think.

My application for the place I’m currently renting was approved so quickly – and over a weekend – that there’s no way they checked any references. I think they saw a single, professional, non-smoking woman with a decent income and said “yippee.” And, the inspection they were supposed to do at 6 months only just happened – nearly 3 months late. And the dude didn’t bother to look at 1/3 of the house, or even pretend to look at the back yard. (This seems to be a trend: every property management company I’ve rented from has promised inspections every 6 months, but one place did just one inspection in three years.) They got my deposit and have been responsive about major repairs, but that’s about it – hell, they didn’t even have all of the keys to the place when I moved in, and the mailbox key didn’t work. Lucky for them, I’m an awesome tenant (clean, responsible, likely to actually make improvements, etc.).

When I moved out of the last place I rented, the property manager tried to get me to pay some fees that I wasn’t responsible for (threats of retaining a lawyer finally made her back down; I was fully prepared to follow through). She told me the homeowner was behind the request, but I became 90% sure that in actuality the homeowner had no idea she was trying to shake me down.

I’d say that good property managers – from either perspective, renter or homeowner – are almost as hard to find as good tenants.

Gah! 49 posts and no resolution. What happened? Sampiro is still around isn’t he?

Or, as my brother puts it, “of course I do, I never use it so I still have my full quota left!”

Sampiro is still on the message board. I don’t think any resolution was reached beyond it’s gone and he didn’t want to put any more time into it.

I found out the hard way a few years back. I set a half-full bottle of beer down somewhere that I wouldn’t knock it over, which turned out to be the perfect hiding spot, as I promptly forgot that it existed. I started to smell something really funky after a day or two, but it took me at least a week to track it down.

Ah, the old “put it down somewhere I won’t knock it over” trick. Second only to the “put it somewhere I won’t lose it” trick. :smiley:

Ohyah. Running gag in my family that if you see one of us desperately searching for something and ask us about it, we’re certain to say, “I put it somewhere where I knew I’d remember it!”

I have a property management firm take care of my old house in Cleveland. (Yup, I still own it.) They check the references, screen tenants, and so on. The two times I stopped by to take a look at the house, it looked owner-occupied; it was being very well cared-for. Highly recommend it.

Well our tenants are currently behind in the rent - so I guess pretty soon we are going to find out just how good our property management agency is.

FWIW - Eviction from where our house is, is not exactly the easiest thing.

I rarely post here but man you have my sypathy. I have two houses that I rent out and I cannot tell you how valuabe both or my property managers are … might be worth the 10% to look into one sir? Just a thought.

Oliveritaly