What book are you reading?

I know i have almost definatly seen a thread titled this before but it is one of those things that always changes and I am always curious about. I am currently in the middle of rereading the entire Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy serries. Most recently I finished Kurt Vonnegut’s God Bless You Dr. Kevorkian! and John Irving’s The Hotel New Hampshire . So what are the rest of the dopers reading these days?

Chapterhouse Dune by Frank Herbert and The Guns of the South by Harry Turtledove…

Chapterhouse Dune is a WONDERFUL book!

Anyway, I am now reading:

“Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep” by Philip K. Dick

and

“The Hunchback of Notre Dame” by Victor Hugo

Well, currently re-reading Dracula. Previously reading Hearts In Atlantis.

Intriguing, and not much like the movie. I’m getting rolling on “Bias” by Bernard Goldberg.

The Call of Cthulhu and other Weird Stories, a Lovecraft compilation from Penguin books.

The Corrections , by Jonathan Franzen–very entertaining and sprawling.

Up next: Fight Club , by Chuck Palahniuk, and Everything’s Eventual , by Stephen King.

Eleanor of Aquitaine by Alison Weir.
A biog of the most powerful woman in the Western Middle Ages.

I am reading* Gates of Fire* by Steven Pressfield. I am also reading Calvin and Hobbes: Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat.

At the moment, I’m in the midst of reading The First American: The Life and Times of Benjamin Franklin by H.W. Brands. An excellent biography, so far.

The Hobbit by none other than J. R. R. Tolkien.

You know, it’s kind of sad. I really never paid much attention to Tolkien until the Fellowship of the Ring movie came out. It’s a shame, too.

Currnetly at page 127 of Hyperion. I was right in the middle of A Cavern of Black Ice, by J. V. Jones, when I had to return it to the library. I don’t think I’ll ever bother returning to that one, since it was getting rather slow and tedious. In English lit class, we’re about to start on Pride and Prejudice.

“Honk If You Are Jesus” by Peter Goldsworthy
“The Lady of the Sorrows” by Cecelia Dart-Thornton
“Everything’s Eventual”, Stephen King
“To Kill a Mockingbird”, Harper Lee for about the fiftieth time

And I’m trying to get into “Queen of Angels” by Greg Bear, but I’m not having much luck.

The Silmarillion, by J.R.R. Tolkien
Master and Fool, by J.V. Jones
Contact, by Carl Sagan
I, Robot, by Isaac Asimov

Some of these are scattered around in bathrooms around the house…

Fiction: Emergence by David R. Palmer, an oldish SF book
Nonfiction: The Zen Way by Myokyo-ni

‘Waiting’ by Ha Jin and ‘Vampire Junction’ by S. P. Somtow

The Frankling bio is a great read, good choice.

I started Atonement, but Ian McEwan, last night.

I’m in the middle of Smiley’s People by John LeCarre’. It’s probably the fifth time I’ve read the Karla Trilogy, but I can’t seem to stay away from it for too long. Besides, 2 weeks after I finish it, I need to reread it to try once more to unravel the plot.

My train book is Those Who Love which is a biographical novel of Abigail and John Adams, quite intersting.

My at home novel is Pale Horse Coming by Stephen Hunter. An excelent book and the action has just started!

I have no idea what will be next though.

I just finished Ender’s Game for the umpteenth time, and I’m currently in the middle of Helm by Steven Gould.