Strange name for a construction company

Although I’m all in favor of clever names for businesses, I’m a little puzzled by the name of a construction company I saw tonight. If it’s a family name, I can sort of understand. But really, I don’t think I’d hire them.

Loosli Construction.

Do you really want something loosely constructed?

Any other odd business names that seem to be counter-productive?

BLITCH Plumbing probably isn’t quite the same but everytime I see their HUGE billboard my mind disregards the “L” and it looks like a large BITCH sign:D

My sister once saw, and coveted, a belt buckle from a company that put up steel buildings. The company’s name, boldly emblazoned on the belt buckle, in big block letters, was–US ERECTION.

There is a farm-equipment place on my old route to work:

PANSIEWOOD IMPLEMENT

With a little flower on the sign and everything.

I’ve also seen a sign for SHORT ELECTRIC.

In St Louis there is an electrical/lighting consulting firm named Stahl & Ponder. Wonderful name for a consulting firm, might even be more apt for the Missouri Dept of Transportation or St Louis Board of Public Service or some other government bureacracy.

There’s a place nearby that sells heavy construction equipment, called Boring Construction.

Come to think of it, you probably want construction to be boring - no excitement at the job site, please!

In the town of Fruitland, Idaho, there is a business called the Gay Way Bowlorama. The building is painted pink.

There is an **F & K Trucking ** in these parts. Always cracks me up.

Hella Temple

Actual business names we’ve dealt with in our company:

House of Hose
Assman Electronics
Nicewonger

A major State construction subcontractor here in Washington is “Ohno Construction”.

A well known manufacturer of vibrator trucks in my industry is the Failing Equipment Co.

In the Greater Dallas Yellow Pages, there are six dentists named Dr. Payne. I know it’s just a family name, and probably meant something else in some language or other, but I would have a hard time getting up enough nerve to go to any of them.

There’s a constuction company 'round here with the name Ero Nasi Construction, which I’m pretty sure are both family names. I’d hate to be from the Nasi family; I feel so sorry for them.

When I used to roughneck, we picked Wooley Booger to wipe on our threads. It was the best pipe dope around.

Is anyone else wondering exactly what Johnny does for a living?

L

It’s probably time to remember that Portland Chinese restaurant I visited once, Hung Far Low.

How about: J.T Damphousse - Roofing & Siding

KB Builders recently changed their name to Bobo Custom Builders. I kid you not. The owner’s name is Ken Bobo, apparently. They do remodeling. He changed it because of being mistaken for a home construction company with a bad rep around here. The O’s are long, and to me, it sounds like the name of a clown or a dumb dog or something. lol.

Locally, we have Mock Plumbing.

No thanks, I’d prefer REAL plumbing, if you don’t mind.