Help me name my new social club...(only funny apply)

Tired of the same ol’, same ol’.

Realizing I have to actually make friends, interact in order to have something called A LIFE.

I have decided to embark on something I’ve never ever done before.

Get Involved and ( the hard part) START SOMETHING.
For years I’ve entertained this idea and now, faced with another desperately LOOOOOOONG winter ahead at home with two kids and no real outside contact, I’ve decided IT’s TIME.

Through my son’s co-op preschool I’ve attended a couple of home parties and threw this IDEA of MINE out. It got a very positive response.

SO, it was decided that not only will I be a member of this, I will be the founder and organizer.

**It’s a movie club. **

Mom’s getting together, possibly every other week at a local movie theater to socialize for a bit before watching a movie. A big person movie with out any cartoon characters.

BUT I need a name for it. Something snappy or, better yet, an acronym.

All I’ve come up with in the past hour is **M.E.T.O. ** Mom’s Escaping Their Offspring.

Here are some of my other ideas:

Oxford Movie Social Club
Gone Fishing
Going to Meijers ( local megalomart)

Let me know what you think of my invite:

Thanks.

I think it’s a great idea! As for the name, hmmmm.

Real to Reel
Motto: Movies for when you’re reeling from real life.

Or something like Get Reel, or The Reel Deal, or something like that.

The Diaper Ditchers
Motto: Movies for moms who are all pooped out

Parental Guidance
Motto: Enjoy being a grown-up. See a movie.
That’s all I got.

I like the poopy one.

I like the " movies for moms who are all pooped out".
But I need more…come on people!

Don’tbotherme Playhouse

M.A.D.D. - Mothers Against Dirty Diapers (Motherhood optional)
After all, some of us single women wouldn’t mind having a night out with the girls.

StG

How about The Weekly Shirk?

Motto: Playing hooky from life.

(Who are Tony and Viv?)

The Celluloid Mums

Mums, Movies, Merryment

The ‘Wow, I Can Interact With People Over Twelve’ Club

Mother’s Entertainment Adventure Team (M.E.A.T.) - maybe not…

Mums Minus Kiddies

(this is harder than I thought it would be…)

How about the PITA movie club…

PITA = Pain In The Ass… that way you don’t have to exclude non-child owning women… every woman has a pain in her ass (kids, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, job, etc), no need to exclude anyone :wink:

As a husband that is a PITA (or so I’ve recently been informed), I wish my wife had an outlet like that… for me, it’s pool, I just love shooting stick… my wife needs something like that to have a break from me…

unfortunately “Location: Looking for cheese” (from the OP) doesn’t sound anything like Boston… otherwise I’d try to get you to let my wife join in…

Depends, what street do you live on? My group, for example, would be the Park Avenue Irregulars.

**Tony & Viv ** are the featured adults in a Disney show called *Out of the Box *. Quite cute show.
I think I have found my group name: ** Cinema Therapy **

Motto: Movies for Moms Who Are All Pooped Out.
Whatdya think?

**Robot ** I like the Park Ave. Irregulars, unfornuately we dont’ have any really cool sounding names like that. We got Glass, Mill, Church…nothing as smarmy as PARK AVE.

Heh heh… how about
*** The Shy And Social Club***?

If The Cheyenne Social Club was a favorite of yours (Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda, Shirly (Partridge Family mom)) then you’ll appreciate this.