Ladies and Gentlemen, the search for the King of all Geekdom has been found.

One of my EverQuest guildmates posted a link to the apartment of…well, you just got to see the pictures of this aprtment to believe it, there just aren’t any words I can find to describe it at the moment. :eek:

this is why i date non-geek girls. they hit me with rolled up newspaper and say “NO!” when i suggest doing things like that.

ROFL! Garius, my friend said the exact same thing when I IMed the link to him.

Erm … the search has been found?

Oh man. That is just embarrassing.

PVC pipe seems to be a major component of his design. I don’t think I could suspend my disbelief.

Yeesh! I hope he gets paid well cause he must have one heck of an electric bill.

One more thought. I wonder if he makes those little whooshing noises when he walks through a door.

Oh Fern, you KNOW he does.

I wonder if he talks to the computer, too.

“Earl Grey, hot.”

:::shiver:::

The scariest thing is the fact that in every picture, he’s not smiling. He’s serious. He takes this stuff seriously!

On his website, the front page says “Let fiction become reality.” I’m surprised he dropped the facade long enough to admit that it’s fiction.

:::looks guiltily at the cup of Earl Grey on his desk:::

You’re a Doper, garius. You get a free geek pass. We’ll treat you like you’re normal. :smiley:

you’re too kind.

Captain’s Log: Incidental. The people here seem friendly. I have been studying their customs and have been accepted as one of their own. I still feel uneasy however - who is the mythical Cecil? And why are they so protective of him?

I feel so much better about myself today.

You made me laugh, garius, therefore you get a free geek pass IRL too. E-mail me your home address and I’ll get it to you in the mail. :slight_smile:

One of the pictures is labeled “First Contact”.

You gotta have doubts that he’s had his First Contact.

Heh. What’s sad, is that is actually fairly tasteful compared to some homes I know of… but uggg!

If I ever try to do something along those lines to my place (no matter what the theme), would somebody pleeeeease tie me to a chair with licorace whips until I regain sanity?

<< A night is a like a day without sunshine. >>

Actually i’m more of a computer geek - do i still get the pass? - the trek geek thing just seems to be something that comes with it:

True Story

Company Christmas Party “Pub Quiz” 2002

QuizMaster: Okay, films now. In which Star Trek film did Spock Die? And i’ll give 5 bonus points to anyone who can name the song that Scotty played at his funeral.

Divisional Team looks at Garius

Garius: Why’s everyone looking at me??? Oh right - i work with computers, therefore i must watch Star Trek. Cheers guys - don’t stereotype me or anything. Okay fine - its Star Trek 2 - hope you all feel validated now.

Divisional Boss: And the second part?

Garius: Oh come on! give me some credit - you think i’m that anal??

All: Yes!

Garius: amazing grace

okay garius, you don’t get to be reigning greek unless you know the words to the orig star trek theme song.

Holy hell, that was funny.

True geekdom is not in redecorating one’s apartment. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you…

Garius, the King of Geeks.

(bravo bravo!)

nah mate - nowhere near “reigning geek” - a “duke of geek” tops.