Ladies and Gentlemen, the search for the King of all Geekdom has been found.

Oh come on people! Mr. Peter Pan got all sorts of support here. Why’s Martha “Jean Luc” Stewart getting so much flack?

I wonder what his transporter does?

I know his journey ends never
His Star Trek will go on forever
But tell him while he wanders the stary sea
Remember me, remember me.

:smiley:

What do I win?

As a guy who does all his home remodeling, all I can say is:
Geek or not, the guy knows his way around power tools. Just the planning for that would have been intense, especially considering all the electrical required. The lines appear clean, and the joints appear tight. I’m kinda bummed that he doesn’t show the shitter. Do you think it’s just some sort of vacuum tube?

He’ll never be able to sell the place.

On second thought, of course he’ll never be able to sell it. It’s his Mother’s basement.

you are the queen of geek - i am but your humble servant. :slight_smile:

Never be able to sell? It’s not like there aren’t Star Trek geeks out there.

I kinda liked it, though, it was an interesting design. Though dude needs to lighten up.

You’ll probably find it sells relatively quickly actually - i can think of a few people who’d buy it if it happened to be in their area.

See, this is why I love the Internet. It makes me feel normal. Comparatively.

The really scary part is, my mom and I both agree that while we would NEVER do anything like this…we think it’s kinda cool. And the first thing I did was make sure this wasn’t a guy I went to high school to, who probably WOULD do this given the money and time.

Design-wise, it’s pretty nice, I thought some of the rooms were actually attractive. Then there were the ones with Star Trek computer consoles that just gave me the heebie jeebies.

I also think it’s kinda cool, in an intensely dorky sort of way.

I’d never do something like that myself, but if I did, I’d feel lucky if I pulled it off half as well as this guy did. Looks like pretty high-quality work.

You know, I though that with my apartment being decorated with bookshelves overflowing, not to mention piles of books everywhere, a whole cabinent of RPG stuff, and two computers, with a rack of computer games, and th erest of the furniture being “early garage sale”- was "geek central’. Now, I feel normal. Thank you, Cerri. :cool:

[Swedish Chef]MMM Dork! Dork! Dork![/SC] Yeah, it takes skill to do that kind of stuff, but, um, why? No, really, why? Because if I was going to do the same level of modifications to my place as he’s done to his, I think I would have installed things which were solar powered or something. Ya know, trying to show what can be done with current technology, not using current technology to imitate the look of hypothetical future technology. Give me a Dymaxion Dwelling Unit over this guy’s place, any day.

Oh, and the toitey? I’m guessing a stainless steel model.

I’d rather set up a room to look like the inside of the Millenium Falcon.

Nah. I need to live in a faux Red Dwarf.

You know, I didn’t even notice that he’d built it in his mother’s basement. Wow…just…wow…

I’m guessing this guy isn’t what you’d call a ladies’ man…

I’m betting he used the bathroom design for the Spock-oid guy in Galaxy Quest …

Is no one bothered by the fact he has a brig?

you mean you don’t have one???

Me likey…

Hey, Trek Dopers! Look at this!

Apartments… the final frontier…

Hey! I’m a geek girl, and this is beyond the pale even for me. I mean–one room, cool, that’s a theme. The whole house? What do you do if you have friends over? (The aversion only counts if I have to live in the house).

To be honest, though…the guy did a good job. And if it makes him happy to have this, then I’m glad that he has it.

Incidentally, my SO suggested at one point (I think mostly facetiously) a Star Trek wedding. I said sure. . .

. . .so long as he didn’t mind my teasing him every day for the rest of his life. :smiley: