Should a 32-year-old guy ask out a 22-year-old girl?

Too much an age difference?

Doesn’t matter if the two people have chemistry?

What do you think?

Well, there’s no law against it. I think it’s a bit creepy in most circumstances - but if there’s genuine chemistry and interest from both parties, you’d be a fool not to.

When I was 21 a 33-year-old guy asked me out and I’ve now been married to him for over 10 years.

I don’t know if that’s encouragement or a cautionary tale. :smiley:

If you do be ready for a major difference in maturity levels. I am 30 years old and female and I dated a 20 year old guy (at my college guys my age are slim pickings and/or have major issues in life) and there was a world of difference. I personally like guys who think on my level.

You’re an adult, she’s an adult. There’s no problem. When I was 25, I had a 35-year-old girlfriend. I didn’t care what anybody else thought, and neither did she. It didn’t work out between us, but not because of the age thing. But whether it works out or not, you can gain valuable experience from every relationship. If you want to ask her out, ask her out. Don’t worry that small-minded busybodies will think it’s creepy, it’s none of their business anyway.

Heh heh heh.

I say: “Go for it.” Life is hard enough without these ridiculous arbitrary restrictions on love. If she’s of majority age, if you like her, and if she likes you, then you should go out together.

Age shouldn’t matter, but unfortunatly it sometimes does. But if you think you can make it work then go for it!

I’m 28 and my hubby is 37…we connect on an intellectual level and I think we are similar in maturity.

We started seeing each other when I was 24 and he was 33.

Good luck!

What everybody else said - there’s no legal reason why not…
…but be warned, there’s a little more potential for punctured ego because there’s just a little more chance that instead of ‘Ummm… no thanks’, she might say "Yeah, right’ or ‘Get lost grandad’.

But if, as you say, there’s chemistry (and another warning: this can often be nothing more than misunderstanding and wishful thinking on the part of the older guy), why not?

For what it’s worth, I look young for my age. People are usually surprised when I tell them my age.

The thing that freaks me out is that she’s only a few years older than my niece. THAT is creepy.

It depends.

Is she hot?

Hubby is 10 years older than me. No trouble during dating (he was 35 and I was 25 when we married).

9 years and counting…
(if you’re both legal, what do you have to lose?)

One of my friends says that his boyfriend isn’t robbing the cradle but he is farming the graveyard. Be prepared to have comebacks for the rude folk he says. 10 years isn’t a big difference at all in my opinion as long as you both are adults.

Just don’t call her “girl.”

Don’t worry about social rules here, I think you are in the clear. On the other hand, a difference that large and both of you being relatively young…that could definately cause relationship problems. In my experience women change drastically around age 22-25.

Knock yourself out. It’s a date, it’s not like you’re cosigning for her. :smiley:

Her parents will frown on it and her friends will think you are a letch.

If you can live with that, its OK by me.

Bastard! Go for it. I have friends with 8 and 10 year diffs. 10 isn’t all that much. She was born post ET, Star Wars and…well…whatever!

Go for it.

Using SuaSponte’s Rule of Seven (and he’s a lawyer so you KNOW it’s true) you figure out if a person is old enough for you by taking your age, dividing it by two, and adding seven. so, 32/2 = 16 and 16 + 7 = 23 so she’s too young for you.

OTOH, using the rules followed by everybody else I know, you are truly the MAN and should go for it. :slight_smile:

I know a 37yo guy who hangs out with a group of people whose average age is probably in the early 20s. He likes to party, go to bars, go boating etc. He enjoys it, and I am a little envious perhaps, but I also think he should really grow the fuck up. If all your dates are 10 years younger than you, there’s maybe more going on, but if this girl does it for you, and she doesn’t live with her parents ( :smiley: ), go for it.