The 'You Can't Copyright A Song Title Game' Progressive Edition Volume: 1

In honor of Flamsterette_X’s Song Title Game which has been running in MPSIMS since (believe it or not) June 19, 2003 (Wow! 4 months) here’s a game of a slightly different breed for Cafe’ Society Denizens.

My theory: The reason the aforementioned game has had such a long run in the ‘Mundane’ forum is because its E’s. I wonder if the regulars of this forum can keep this thread going more than a couple days…it’s a little more challenging.

The ‘You Can’t Copyright A Song Title Game’.

(It’s true. You simply can’t copyright a song title. If you or a member of your garage band wants to name the newest song you wrote Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, be my guest. It’s not all that original a title, there’s nothing legally stopping you from doing so).

The rules? Simple.

Post one song title and the (2 or more) artists who performed them, from one of the artists in the preceding post.

The one caveat: The 1st artist you pick has to be in the last post in the thread and has to share a (non-cover) song title with the 2nd artist you come up with.

To begin:

Song Title: **Fire
Artists: Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Springsteen, The Ohio Players, Prodigy and U2.
(Note: No covers. All 5 are unique / different songs that share a title)

So there you have it. Anyone game? Select any 1 of the 5 artists listed and pair it with another artist of your choice that has a (non-cover) song title in common with them.

Still Confused?For Example: The Next Poster could select the song title Ohio, by both The Ohio Players, The Utah Saints and Crosby Stills Nash & Young. The poster after that could select CSNY & Madness, who both did a different song entitled ‘Our House’. Etc., Etc. Etc.

Some people know way too much about music.

My god.

Rock on.

:smiley:

One: U2, Metallica, Three Dog Night

Gloria: U2, Laura Branigan

Satisfaction: Laura Branigan, Rolling Stones, Smokey Robinson, Benny Benassi

A BIT of a cheat here…

Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin & Pat Benatar: “Heartbreaker”

I say a BIT of a cheat because the actual title of the Rolling Stones song is “Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker).”

Brown Sugar - Rolling Stones, John Mayall, Z.Z. Top

Delirious - ZZ Top and Prince.

i need you tonight - zztop and inxs

Legs
ZZ Top, PJ Harvey & (I think) Art of Noise

"Joy"

PJ Harvey & the Sundays

The Wind

PJ Harvey, Cat Stevens

Ghost town - Cat Stevens…The Specials

Rat Race

The Specials
Bob Marley & the Wailers

I Shot the Sheriff. Bob Marley and Eric Clapton.

Voiding: I Shot the Sherrif
Replace with:
Ghost Town
**The Specials, Poco & Cheap Trick

Angel

Poco - Aerosmith

Dream On - Aerosmith, Depeche Mode, Herman’s Hermits

Shine
Depeche Mode, Collective Soul

Breathe: Collective Soul, The Cult, Pink Floyd