Did you ever have sex with a sibling?

I’m reading this weird (I think) book, The Carnivorous Lamb, by Agustin Gomez-Arcos, about a sheltered boy’s young life in Spain during Franco’s rule, and he’s in love with his older brother, Antonio, who is also madly in love with his younger brother. Haven’t finished it yet, so don’t give any spoilers here, rather,

I wanted to discuss this notion of fraternal/sibling incest - how common is it? Frankly, I find the notion of brothers actually loving each other completely - emotionally, physically, sexually - to be unbelievable, and I would find it hard to believe that brothers raised together can possibly love each other in that way, given competition for parental love, i.e., traditional Cain/Abel stuff. That is, I believe we are hard-wired to NOT find our siblings attractive like that.

Then again, I once made the acquaintance of a girl who told me obliquely that her brothers all had the “hots” for her - I didn’t ask for an explanation, but she didn’t appear all that troubled about it.

So I don’t know - is it just me, or do you find the notion of sex with one of your siblings repulsive? Or no?

Well, yeah, I find it repulsive. And since it’s a well entrenched taboo in nearly all human societies, I don’t think I’m alone.

All my cousins are hot. We’re talking H-O-T. I’d never touch them of course but I think it would be weirder if I didn’t ever notice.

I had a step sister try to sleep with me. (I was in 3rd grade she was in 6th so I really didn’t understand what was going on at the time.)

I CERTAINLY don’t have any feelings for my older brother. And I don’t have any natrual sisters.

Best I can offer.

My baby brother? EWWWWWW!!!

I adore him, but good Lord, not like that!

You’re on the wrong track. Sister: NO! Sister’s friends: Yowzza!

I doubt this is appropriate.

As for me, I love the guy, but no f’ing way.

Sometimes I wonder if certain authors make their characters feel that way because that’s how they themself felt? Like Heinlein and his free love ideas about father/daughter sex.
I have a very pretty sister. But I notice her beauty with pride as a brother. I view her beauty as I would a marvelous work of art. I don’t recall ever having sexual feeling for her. She is younger than me.
I also have several very pretty cousins. One, near my age, was a play around with our sexuality kind of fling for a summer while we were quite young. It never went anywhere and we are very close freinds even now. We tend to look out for each other in regards to the dating/marraige scene. I guess because we know a little bit more about each other’s tastes and weaknesses. But we outgrew, as it were, the “kissing cousin” stage of our lives.

Love doesn’t always have to mean sex. Especially the deep love you can feel for family and friends.
You might try a search for some of the other incest threads for some very deep reasoning about the “incest taboo.”

If you go to www.dailyconfession.com , you’ll find coutless incest confessions…It really kinda sick. They have “incest” warnings beside them

It’s really…I have to learn how to type :wink:

I also had a step-sister try to sleep with me. She was 17, had a 15 or 16 year old sister, and I had just turned 18. It was the first time I had met my new step-family and having just graduated from high school and on my way to the military my dad let me get really sloshed at his house. Nothing happened between her and I as I told her that it wasn’t appropriate in the least (though she was attractive in a slutty, trashy kind of way). I think she was trying to get to me before her younger sister did. Ask me sometime about the time my almost future step-mother tried to seduce me. :eek:

My first cousin (ie, my mother’s niece) and I are a few months apart in age. When we were younger, we did the whole “kissing cousins” thing. And, as we got a little older, it advanced to a little more physical stuff. Not intercourse, though. And it stopped when she offered to blow me in exchange for going down on her.

My sisters are 2 of the 3 most beautiful women in the world. But would I ever think of this topic if it hadn’t been a Dope thread? Lordy, no! Sheesh.

But I’m pretty sure I was moved in on by a cousin once. She was 17, I was 15. I think she was just feeling playful. Anyway, you’d think at 15 I would know the game, but I didn’t figure it out until much later. Apart from kissing cousins, nothing happened.

Look up MHC (major histocompatibility complex eg. human leukocyte antigen system). “It looks as if we may avoid prospective mates who are too similar to us in the genes that drive the immune system”. Some interesting research has been conducted on humans and other animals.

I’ve never had any sexual feelings towards my siblings, but the concept as such doesn’t freak me out. If everyone’s a consenting adult, I don’t see the harm.

This is a true story…

Years ago when I was at University we used to have regular Wednesday night drinks amongst the local dorm students.

One night, we guys were standing in a circle in some bar trading jokes and stories about our most boastful sexual conquests. Guys do that. It’s boring I know, but we were young and drunk and it seemed like a good idea at the time…

Anyways, after about 45 minutes of riotous story telling we noticed that one of us “Scotty” hadn’t said a word. So we all turned on him in one fell swoop.

“What have you ever done Scotty you wuss?”

“Yeah Scotty! You’re piss weak. You’ve never done a thing have you? You’re weak as shit…”

“Yeah mate. Go on Scotty. Tell us a story. Bet you haven’t got one have ya?”

Well… after what seemed like an eternity… Scotty looked down sheepishly at his feet and kicked the carpet a few times and finally spoke up…

“Ummmm… once… when I was like 15 my 17 year old sister fucked me once…”

Holy fuck! Can you imagine how we just lost it? We just fell back and laughed ourselves into total utter tears. Scotty had outdone us all. And we saluted him. Totally gross, without doubt. But no denying it, he totally aced us.

I once watched a documentary about people who were unrelated but raised as siblings (as well as people raised in a cummunal, long running orphanage)–it may have been national geographic, but I am not sure. In any case, the incidence of people who were attracted to the folks they thought of as siblings, even when the inbreeding thing was removed was remarkably low. As a matter of fact, the ones raised in the orphanage rarely even looked at each other. The exception to this rule, as far as the program went, were step-siblings. Because they were not raised together, but were instead introduced at a later stage (like as teenagers), they tended to have more attraction to one antother.

Me personally? I have an adopted brother. One of my friends said that he was hot. “Him? Huh? I suppose…” But still, count me as an ewww. And my biological brothers?–inconcievable.

I had a buddy in high school who had a really slutty sister. He and his sister were both adopted children and were not related by blood. Does that count? I mean, his sister was slutty to the anyone, anywhere, anytime level, and that included her brother.

Well, I’m sure she was SOMEONE’s sibling… at least, she MAY have been.

We were pretty drunk, you understand.

I’ve never found any of my sibs the least bit sexually attractive. I don’t think that I could. Heck, I still think of them as about 11 years old, even though they’re in their mid-20s.

That said, I find the idea that siblings could be so close as to fall in love a romantic one. Just not (shudder) my siblings.

Slight hijack-

I saw a British movie on this subject. There was a brother and sister who were raised apart because she was born right after he left home to join the service (and he never came back due to a fallout with his dad).

Twentyyears later he returns home for the dad’s funeral and finally meets his “unknown” kid sister. They hit it off and ultimately wind up as lovers. They co-habitate and the word gets out. They are arrested and put on trial on morals charges.

The judge is sympathetic and ultimately frees them on the condition one of them gets sterilized. Judge claims that though the two are blood siblings, their being raised apart effectively made them strangers and that most incest laws were created to prevent “biological” problems of offspring from such unions.

If anyone has seen this film (late 80’s early 90’s), please post the title. It was both fascinating and disturbing.