New research strengthens hoax hypothesis for Voynich manuscript

This isn’t so much of a question as an update on previous GQ threads on the Voynich MS. The most recent such thread here was this one. Mods, please feel free to move this if appropriate.

Anyway, the Voynich manuscript (VMS to aficionados) is a unique document. It is also unintelligible. A good description from the mailing list site is:

They hypothesis that the manuscript was a hoax designed to defraud Rudolf has been raised multiple times. A recent study now lends further support to this hypothesis. One recurring objection to the hoax hypothesis is the amount of work that would have needed to go into it would have rendered any profit minimal at best. The new study:

I thought the VMS buffs here might be interested in the news report.

I’m not an aficionado, but nevertheless, I’m interested to know about this new study (especially since the scam hypothesis, always seemed the most likely to me and I like being right :smiley: ).

By the way, where are we suposed to post such threads (I mean new informations about some topic commonly debated on this board)? It’s not a question, nor a debate, just infos. So, is the GQ board the most apropriate in this case? I can’t think of another one but perhaps the mods would think otherwise…