Why can't I burn this ISO?

I downloaded the latest Koppix 3.3 ISO last night (from 16 Feb 04, I believe) claiming to be 699MB. When I try to do a “burn image” in Nero, I get the box that says the media has not enough room. I’ve tried a couple of 3 different brands, all 80min 700MB, to no avail. Any ideas?

I’m thinking of deleting the .ogg audio example that’s included in the ISO to open up more room. Anyone know of a freeware Windows prog (I’m still a Linux noob) that can write back to an ISO? (WinRAR can extract fine, but can’t write).

Thanks

Try getting higher-capacity CDs or enabling overburn, or burn it on a DVD. Likely the image requires more than 700 MB.

I have overburn enabled. No access to a DVD burner. Why would a 699MB file require more than 700MBs?

No, the size is fine. It should say it needs to finalize the CD (no more writing later) and accept that option. If it doesn’t say this, try ticking the box yourself. If that doesn’t work try the free Cheetah software which should just let you burn it from Write…Burn Image.

You might want to use md5sum to check you downloaded it OK and the image isn’t corrupt.

I tried both finalizing and not finalizing, made no diff. Will try you other suggestions tonight at home. Thanks!

Thank you dylan 73, Cheetah worked like a charm!