Is my toilet paper usage exessive? How much do you use?

Not TOO long ago I got off of a 5 year live in relationship. We went through TP like there was no tomorrow!! The number of emergency runs I had to make while she was “drip drying” is excessive. I ALWAYS got blaimed for the excessive usage and you know I denied and counter-attacked with the best of the males. Now for the stretch of time I find myself single. I also find myself going through JUST UNDER one double roll of TP per week.

So I ask you… comparativly speaking… is my TP usage excessive? :slight_smile:

i use at least one a week and its just me by myself. I like to think of it as “thorough”, not “excessive”. :wink:

My answer is enough to clean my ass and that varies at times…if you say you hardly use toilet paper dont come sit by me please cause I bet you smell like boo boo.

Well this answer depends on what kind of tissue is being used. I haven’t sat down and worked the math, but Charmin never lasts longer even if its a double roll. I find that Scott tissue lasts much longer than any other leading name brand. No, its not as cushy, but its not as rough as a corn cob either. :smiley:

In our house, we go through a little under a roll a day.

Hell’s bells, man, are you making a papier mache Mt. Rushmore? One roll of Scott[the best kind, I might add] lasts approximately 4 weeks, and that’s for a single user-me.

as for smelling like boo boo, gotti, I don’t believe Yogi or Mr. Ranger ever complained. :smiley:

I have to ask: is it…quilted?

My grandmother goes through a little over 1 roll a day by herself. So you’re at about 0.3 Rosies. Not too bad.

I just bought 70 rolls yesterday. I’d snag another 70 today if I could.

I’m not an expert in this field, just your average consumer, but I believe that if you think you’re using too much; you’re using too much.
If there are tire tracks in your underwear; you’re not using enough. :eek:

Your username is false advertising, then.

Plain,white, unadorned, unmedicated, unscented, and mercifully unquilted, the way the good Og intended it to be.

Might I humbly suggest that “rolls per week” or similar is a very imprecise measure if an objective is to compare usage habits. Few, if any, posters have specified (i) number of members of household; (ii) frequency of visits; (iii) any other special conditions.

How about defining a run-rate by stating “sheets per :rolleyes: … session”?

I confess to using about 8 on average - double-folded (to avoid finger-breakthrough misery) so roughly four passes. Thorough, maybe, but don’t call me obsessive. Of course individual fluctuations occur, but I don’t think anyone would want me to go there.

On the other hand, if there’s blood on the paper, you’re using too much.

========================*
The More You Know

My username is gluteus maximus, not anus maximus!

Using what too much?

Well, there are two of us in my household, and I get whatever decent double rolls are cheapest that week (I currently have Charmin with Ripples).

We go through a six-pack every 2-3 weeks. I don’t think it’s excessive.

Tho’ when I lived in Austin and had 4-8 friends over every night, we went through a LOT more.

First time on my own, and it’s been 3 rolls in 2 weeks - but I do have irritable bowel syndrome, and really hairy buttocks, so ummmmm well imagine it yourselves :stuck_out_tongue:

When I was in college and living alone I once went five months on one roll of toilet paper. I don’t consider myself particualrly sparing of the paper, and I wasn’t so poor that it was a cost issue. I am just a man of habit. Once per day at 11am. My favorite toilet was the fifth floor library throne where I went to check my email after class.

I will admit that after a while my paper conservation became a private contest. I was a bit sad to see that last sheet spin into oblivion.

Not to start a whole 'nother “front or back loaded toilet paper” debate, but toilet paper should be wadded, not folded. Folding does not increase the surface area for efficient wiping like wadding does. :smiley:

It also depends on what kind of food you regularly eat. Heavy Indian food or some oh-my-fucking-God-is-that-my-anus-on-fire Thai food? Then a roll a week seems about right.