The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share (MPSIMS)

Old 05-07-2004, 07:53 PM

YEEEEEOOOWWW! Nair on my balls!

Oh lord, forgive me for my sins! How could I have been so stupid?!? I told my girlfriend time and time again not to leave me alone; I get bored and do stupid shit! I've been like this all my life.

I mean, it says right on the package not to use on genitalia, but this is female Nair, I thought I was exempt! My scrotum just covers my genitalia, it's not techinically it! I was born under a bad sign, the devil made me do it, it's not my fault, I'll be a good boy mommy!

Just make the burning stop!
Advertisements  
Old 05-07-2004, 07:55 PM

Did it get rid of the hair at least?
Old 05-07-2004, 08:02 PM

Nope. Not that I'm a very hairy guy to begin with, I was just screwing around, but it takes 4 minutes. I estimate I lasted about 45 seconds.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
YEEEEEOOOWWW! Nair on my balls!
BAND NAME!!
Old 05-08-2004, 12:53 AM

And the envelope, please.

"Howard Dean was quoted out of context; the full quotation, please?"

May your nosehair catch fire every time you sneeze.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:54 AM

I thought this was going to be the urban legend, about the guy who wakes up with a hangover and a really itchy crotch after getting drunk and pissing off his girlfriend the night before...
Old 05-08-2004, 01:03 AM

Tell me this was not because you saw that thread and thought "Hm. Waxing sounds painful....think I'll try Nair instead...."
Old 05-08-2004, 01:06 AM

I use the Veet there regularly and haven't had any problems. Maybe I've desensitized my ballsack
Old 05-08-2004, 11:56 AM

Which Veet? They have wax, mousse, spray gel ...
Old 05-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Charter Member

No no no no no..... You're supposed to use NADS on your nads. I just love those Nads commercials.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:12 AM

I was planning on the mousse, but when I got to the store I couldn't remember if it was the mousse or lotion that had been recommended. The lotion had a "sensitive skin" variety and was a little cheaper, so I use that. Once it's gone I'll try the mousse too.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooner
I was planning on the mousse, but when I got to the store I couldn't remember if it was the mousse or lotion that had been recommended. The lotion had a "sensitive skin" variety and was a little cheaper, so I use that. Once it's gone I'll try the mousse too.

Is this stuff made to remove hair?

I've been keeping my scrot' covered with extra strength neosporin + pain relief but I'm pretty sure I have chemical burns. The skin is all red and blotchy and slighty moist with a pus-like substance and incredibly sensitive.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco
... I estimate I lasted about 45 seconds.
The screaming, however, lasted the four minutes recommended on the bottle.

And speaking of 'out of context', this quote snippet sounds completely obscene. <grin>
Old 05-09-2004, 08:44 AM

You think that's bad? Try getting Marzena Hair Remover Lotion (with new inhibitor!) on your vulva( or, insert name for very sensitive and unprotective skin around vagina here.) ! Now that hurt for days!
Old 05-09-2004, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco
Is this stuff made to remove hair?

I've been keeping my scrot' covered with extra strength neosporin + pain relief but I'm pretty sure I have chemical burns. The skin is all red and blotchy and slighty moist with a pus-like substance and incredibly sensitive.

Yup, works like a charm. Doesn't really feel like anything while it's on, the bottle recommends 5 minutes, more if that doesn't work, and no more than 10 total. I do 7 or 8 just to be sure it does the job. When I rinse and wash it all away it burns just a little bit, just a little more sensitive overall, but that only lasts a few minutes.

Seriously, I hope my balls are just pain-resistant, and not desensitized in general.