Bob Denver and Jerry Mathers aren't dead

Is all the other info in http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a1_316 as ridiculously inaccurate as the statements about Denver and Mathers ‘deaths’ (both are still alive as of 25 July 2004) or am I missing some sarcasm too subtle for this early in the morning? The ‘Louie Louie’ lyrics look reasonable enough, but now I mistrust 'em just on principle.

The bit about learning the real lyrics from a seance didn’t tingle your sarcasm sensor just a little?

Yeah, but we all know that Paul is dead, right? Right?? :wink:

Yes.

And one thing Cecil forgot to mention is in the song “Louie, Louie” someone is whispering the FOUR words that end in “gry”.

Since Cecil was responding to an Urban Legend, he was sarcastically replying with other Urban Legends on top of that.

I’d make this E-Mail longer, but since I just had some Pop-Rocks™ and Coca-Cola™, my demise will be shortly forthcoming. :rolleyes:

That’s what I get for skimming instead of reading, especially a tome of this great social significance. I repent in sackcloth and ashes.

Or, as Homer more succinctly says, “D’oh!”

Not to worry. The Master’s sarcasm is often Delphic in its subltety.

You seem to be getting the hang of this place. I hope you consider sticking around.

Not very subtle, clever or funny; but here. He got caught up in the flavor of the day.

In other news, Clayton (the Lone Ranger) Moore, last reported dead several weeks ago, remains dead.