Lowest score ever on Jeopardy? (open spoilers)

As I watched Bruce collapse in shame versus Ken tonight, I wonder what was the lowest score ever on Jeopardy. Bruce went $4800 in the hole tonight.

The Jeopardy site seems to be down right now, but I don’t recall seeing this factoid there.

Would you really want to be immortalized as the biggest loser to ever go on Jeopardy?

No, but couldn’t they at least give the score without revealing who got it?

Unofficially, it’s Weird Al Yankovic…I remember in the video, “I lost on Jeporady”, Al’s scoreboard was smoking when it was “running” lower and lower in negative territory… :wink:

[Don Pardo]That’s right, Al–You lost. And let me tell you what you didn’t win: a twenty colume set of the Encyclopedia International, a case of Turtle Wax, and a yeard’s supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco Treat. But that’s not all. You also made yourself look like a jerk in front of millions of people. You brought shame and disgrace to your family name for generations to come. You don’t get to come back tomorrow. You don’t even get a lousy copy of our home game. You’re a complete loser![/Don Pardo]

I think I saw a negative 10k score once.

Have any contestants gone an entire game without ringing in once?

I’d also be curious to know the least number of clues answered by a person who became the winner. Theoretically, a contestant could do it with only one correct response.

Well, I saw a three-way tie at zero once during a Seniors tournament.

I’ve never seen (and I’m not sure if there’s ever been) a game that ended with only one player on the plus side, thus going into Final Jeopardy alone. If he bets everything and blows the question, does he still get to come back the next day?

I have vague memories of a person being the only one in Final Jeopardy.

Has there ever been a real Cliff final? Has anyone who was the clear cut winner ever bet too much and been beaten like Cliff did on Cheers?

I’ve never seen that on Jeopardy but it happens all the time on Street Smarts.