I just bought a Dyson!

And holy hell, does it suck. Other Dyson owners know what I’m talking about, but for those of you who live in a Dyson-poor home, I have to tell you what this thing does.

I ran it over the living room after vacuuming earlier with the old “vacuum” – three binsful of stuff ( :eek: ) got pulled out of the carpet. It’s like the hand of the Almighty God Himself reached out from His throne in Heaven and smote the dust right out of the carpet, right out of existence itself. There’s nothing of it left. Totally worth every penny.

Dopers, if you want a vacuum that don’t take no prisoners, I cannot recommend the Dyson enough. No belts, nor filters, nor bags to replace ever, and it sucks like there’s no tomorrow.

I am such a geek… I saw this title and thought “She got a Dyson Sphere???”

I’m with you on this one! We got ours in January, and it’s an amazing machine. I could not believe how much it picked up off the carpet on the first run. Sorta makes you wonder why those other vacuum makers even bother, because they aren’t even playing in the same league as Dyson. If you can afford one, get one! You won’t be disappointed.

Music to a gay man’s ears, eh? Well maybe not in this case …

Agreed. The Dyson sucks like no other vacuum. It’s pretty amazing, and works really well on animal hair (which, having three dogs, I’ve got a lot of). I also like that I’ve been released from the tyranny of the vacuum bag- I’ll never have to buy one again!

I always misunderstood the guy’s accent in those commercials. I kept thinking he was selling “the only vacuum that doesn’t use suction.”

I was mystified as to how the bloody hell it worked till I saw it in print: “lose suction”

I thought the same thing. And I grumbled to myself, “Phooey. She has a nice new Dyson Sphere, and here I am stuck with this lousy, obsolete Ringworld.”

I’m jealous. I’ve been wanting, no NEEDING, the Dyson Animal for months and months. I WAS going to go out and buy one a couple of weekends ago, but we ended buying U2 concert tickets (the hubby likes them, me…not so much). It was only a fluke that we found the tickets, we had just about given up and I was thinking, “Dyson, here I come”! Those dang tickets cost almost as much as the dang vaccuum.

They also have an awesome game on their website.

Does this one come with a penis guard?
:rolleyes: :dubious: :smack: :smiley: :eek:

I am probably six months away from being able to afford a Dyson, but, oh my! I want one so bad! Is whining a high-paying hobby? :smiley:

Just this morning, when I was spending fifteen minutes unclogging my Dirt Devil bagless, I was hoping, wishing, praying that I’ll be able to get a Dyson soon!

A Dyson Sphere was the first thing that came to mind too but, just like the deer, our Bambi’s a (pretty cute) guy, not a girl.

I LOVE the Dyson! My mom has one and I borrow it all the time. Never before has vacuuming been so much fun! I would absolutely LOVE to own one, but they’re so expensive! So I have to beg my mom all the time to borrow hers. I vacuum everything - the carpets, the kitchen and bathroom floor, the walls, ceilings, furniture, nooks and crannies… it is the best!!

Dude. For 400+ bucks that vacuum better come with a bare-assed spankin’.

Well, it didn’t come with a spankin’, but it’s plain to us now that we won’t have to buy another vacuum cleaner for at least the life of the motor. It may last decades. That alone is worth the price. Hint: if you belong to Sam’s Club, the Animal model Full Kit is $100 less than elsewhere.

Not even a coupon for a spankin’?

On the BBC yesterday it was announced that Dyson are now the best selling brand of vacuum cleaners in the US. So that’s one up for the Brits. :slight_smile:

I must add that the market leader figure is in terms of value of sales. to quote today’s Times

After just two year’s of sales Dyson controls 20.7% of the market and Hoover 15.6%. Although Hoover still sells more cleaners by volume , the higher price of the Dyson puts the British brand ahead in terms of the value of sales.

You can get them on eBay for $300.00, some with free shipping.

We bought a Dyson Animal back in December of last year. I also have to chime in on how great this machine is. I found mine on eBay for $150 less than retail.

I had used our old one the day before the Dyson showed up at the door. My husband unpacked it and ran it over the carpet twice and had to empty the canister three times. Pretty amazing. It’s also a hellva lot quieter than most vacuums. Our cats don’t run from the Dyson like they did with the old vacuum.

Plus I love the way you can take it from carpet to tile floors without having to make any adjustments. With my old vacuum every time you tried to use the hose attachment to vacuum under the sofa cushions or drapes, you would end up tipping the vacuum over on its side. I found with the Dyson, that doesn’t happen, it just rolls right along with you.

It may be expensive, but it truly is worth every penny. It’s lighter than most vacuums, if you run into furniture with it, it sort of bounces off without leaving a permanent mark.

Count me as a fan.