American Idol 2/28 Go Bo

Look at you all early! :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m pulling for Bo too, and I’d like to see Travis Tucker shine tonight. I think he’s been flying under the radar but has more to show us.

Ok, I’m going to attempt this again, without telephone interruption or bad artist information. (Biggirl, be ready with your red pen in case I get something wrong again!)
I’ll keep track of singers in order, with song choices and my opinion (who cares about that?) and the judges opinions (which count even less than mine :stuck_out_tongue: )

I’ll post it as soon as the last performance is done, just like last week.

This is the first time I’m seeing all the guys in the semis. I’m all excited!

Ryan: “If you’re just tuning in, [looks up at Constantine] I am short.” Heh!

After the first 3 I was wondering if there were going to be any bad performances. Did have to wait long.

Yes, Constantine you are “Hard to Handle”. Go away.

Anthony seems really shouty. I don’t like him. On TWOP they keep bringing up his tracheotomy scar and how gross it is and blah blah blah, and that makes me sad a little, cause I might have one come May (long story).

What’s with the Anthony hate? He’s cute and can belt them out.

I thought Anthony was kind of Blah. Not bad just bland.

I think Savol’s been the best so far. That kid’s got a hell of a voice.

Still waiting for Bo, though.

Well, Bo’s insufferable tonight.

Holy shit! I’m in love!

His unemployment story was funny too.

“Whipping Post.” Great choice. That totally rocked. :cool:

If Anthony is the spiked hair blond kid, I thought he did well, but his voice lacks seasoning or resonance. Very poppy, no rocky, hip-hoppy.

Bo’s got the goods.

Just heard the recap. Damn they’re fielding some real talent this year!

David Brown and Consantine were the worse. The rest were varying degrees of good. And then there was Bo.

The Boys: Part Deux

1. Mario Vazquez - I Love Music (The O’Jays) - Good upbeat song to start with, the judges always comment on that. Crowd on their feet clapping. He did pretty well- should be safe - Randy loves his shoes but thinks he should try songs that are “harder” for him. Paula liked him - says he’s consistent. Simon liked the song choice - says that he doesn’t need advice from them. Very high compliments from the judges.

2. Anwar Robinson - What’s Going On (Marvin Gaye) - Another nice song, I won’t comment on his…dancing. He sang pretty well. Randy says he worked it out. Paula says he stepped it up and he has amazing tone and is technically the best vocalist. Simon says that he didn’t like last week’s performance but that he thinks tonight’s performance sounded fantastic. I have no complaints.

3. Joseph Murena - Let’s Stay Together (Al Green) - I really like this guy personally, but I don’t think he’s the best performer. He’s ok. Randy says it was good, but he’s waiting for some special vocal abilities. Paula likes him - says he was in command, better pitch than last week. Simon says Randy is right - he’s ok, but his performance was nightclub caliber, and says that he will be amazed if Joe makes it two more weeks.

4. David Brown - All in Love is Fair (Stevie Wonder) - I don’t like him singing this song. Was he flat during the first verse? It seemed like he was flat or “nasal-y”. The last line was good- until he went flat again. Randy says it was better than last week, but it wasn’t his best. Paula agrees with Randy. Simon says they are both right - they think his best performance was his original audition.

5. Constantine Maroulis - Hard to Handle (Grateful Dead) - The screaming was…wrong. Just wrong. He’s a good performer, but he doesn’t have the best voice, IMO. Reminds me of someone doing a passable imitation of Eddie Vedder. Crowd loves it, I didn’t. Randy says it was better than last week, but says it was pitchy. Paula says “definitely, defintely” - it was a great week for him. Simon says he could go to any bar in America and see a band with a singer of the same caliber as Constantine. Randy agrees, Paula doesn’t. I think Simon was spot on.

6. Scott Savol - Never Too Much (Luther Vandross) - Good song for him. I hate the glasses and the pink shirts…it just seems wrong for him. He’s starting to creep me out a bit. Randy says “it was alright”. This is the theme for the evening. Paula says he brought it on and raised his game. Simon says that he agrees with Paula and that he looks great.

7. Travis Tucker - All Night Long (Lionel Richie) - This guy is TOO cute. I like him. He has a decent voice and can move, good charisma. Looks comfortable on stage and sings very well tonight. RAndy likes it, doesn’t think the song was challenging. Paula says ditto, she’s proud of him. Simon says he was wrong about his performance last week, and though he doesn’t have the best voice in the competition he is a born performer.

8. Nikko Smith - Let’s Get it On (Marvin Gaye) - Eh…he does ok. He has a few good runs. I hate his glasses, but love the suit. (And I’m glad he’s not wearing that hat). Randy says that he sang the song well. Paula makes an inference that he made her a little hot. Simon says 1000% performance improvement but says he’s dressed like Bobby Brown. Randy and Simon joke that Paula looks like Whitney. :eek:

9. Anthony Fedorov - I Wanna Know What Love Is (Foreigner) - I’m an 80s music whore. I love this song. I think he started off poorly but really did better as he went along. Weird composition by the band which I think hurt his beginning. Randy didn’t like the beginning but says that he did well towards the end. Paula agrees. Simon says he did a fantastic job.

10. Bo Bice - Whipping Post (Allman Brothers Band) - ~typed during the commercial~ Bo goes last this week, I really like him, too. I hope he does well. Cute shirt! (doesn’t match his pants, IMO) I think he did better last week, but he has it going on, no doubt. Randy says it was real, he loves the song, he loves the outfit and it was da bomb. Paula says he’s the real deal. Simon says that he surprised him with an awesome performance and it was (paraphrased) the best performance so far this season.

The bottom two for me are David and Nikko. But it was kinda hard to choose! None of them were BAD…David was the worst, IMO. I had a hard time picking Nikko for the other worst, but reviewing the performances I couldn’t see there was anyone else I liked less as a performer after David. It’s going to be even harder next week! I’m kinda liking almost everyone!

Bo is teh hawtness, that’s for sure. I could agree with you on Constantine - his smarminess is really annoying.

Hey, Good Egg. :slight_smile:

Well, I would put Bo, Savol and Anwar at the top. Jared, Nikko and Travis at the bottom.

I do agree, though, that even the bottom is stronder than previous years.
Constantine looks like such a poseur next to Bo.

Squeeee!

That is all.

Mario: He’s got a strong voice but I found the song boring. He’s too boy band for me but they want a pop star so I guess he fits the bill. Also, he said “C’mon” which causes me to dislike him.

Anwar: I think I’m in love. The song arrangement sucked.

Joe: He said both “c’mon” and “woo.” Cheesy performance but I thought his voice sounded good.

David: Extremely forgettable.

Connie: Hate the attitude. He’s a phony and he has a double chin. Screechy. I wrote the following before Simon said anything: “I suspect that routine gets played out in karaoke bars across the country every Saturday night.” Simon agreed except he didn’t say karaoke.

Scott: He sounded good but I didn’t think it was anything special. I hope he makes it through.

Travis: Awful, awful, awful song. Awful, awful, awful performance, which included “c’mon.” He seems like a genuinely nice guy but he just didn’t do anything for me.

Nikko: I don’t normally like growly voices but I liked this performance.

Anthony: He sounded out of tune to me. I was never a Clay or John Stevens fan so this guy does nothing for me.

Bo: Oh my. That was one of the best AI performances ever. On top of just kicking ass, he showed Connie up for the poseur he (Connie) is.

Bo and Anwar kicked butt.
Mario, Scott, and Nikko were pretty good.
Joe, Connie, and Anthony were middle of the road.
David and Travis were the weakest, IMHO.

Do we know how they decide on the order of performance? I remember from last season that the last performer was usually the strongest so I assume that’s who’s done the best in rehearsals. Anyone got the dope on that?