Seat4:BUDDAH 7($47.75inchips)
Seat5:oxsin1000($71.35inchips)
Seat6:trumandog($28.90inchips)
Seat7:REDDRAGGON1($54.05inchips)
Seat8:Otto($50inchips)
Seat9:Ellemann($149.60inchips)
Seat10:alpinestyle($49.50inchips)

ANTES/BLINDS
REDDRAGGON1 posts blind ($0.25), Otto4711 posts blind ($0.50).

PRE-FLOP
Ellemann folds, alpinestyle bets $3, DJCrazyD folds, aLAERman calls $3, btarrer folds, BUDDAH 7 folds, oxsin1000 folds, trumandog folds, REDDRAGGON1 folds, Otto4711 bets $10, alpinestyle bets $46.50 and is all-in, aLAERman calls $46.50, Otto4711 calls $39.

FLOP [board cards 9S,QD,2H ]
Otto4711 bets $0.50 and is all-in, aLAERman calls $0.50.

TURN [board cards 9S,QD,2H,7C ]
RIVER [board cards 9S,QD,2H,7C,JD ]
SHOWDOWN
Otto shows [ AH,AC ]
alpinestyle shows [ KS,KD ]
aLAERman shows [ QH,AS ]
Otto wins $1, Otto wins $145.75.

It seems like nine times out of ten, I’m in the position of the guy with Kings. Every time I have a high pocket pair, someone else has aces. It’s enough to make me want to play rags and hope to catch a full house of something. But way to go Otto, it’s always nice to see pocket Aces hold up.

I’ve been there more times than I care to remember. I was sure it was AA vs KK vs QQ and I was screwed when that Q hit the flop. I’ve been there more times than I care to remember too.

I can’t for the life of me figure out what aLAERman was thinking, calling that enourmous re-re-raise, but I’ll take it every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Aw, SNAP! :wink:

I’ve beaten pocket Kings with pocket Aces before, just once. That is truly a good feeling. The guy even said (after we reraised each other every betting round). “I gotta bet knowing that you probably have pocket Aces.” (It was B&M, 2/4 table)

Hopefully, you won’t be in a crappy mood tonight, if you’re gonna jump in our tournament.

Why would I be in a crappy mood after winning almost $100 on one hand?

Trying to get on our tournament Thursday nights pisses you off to no end.

Well if you play money pussies would ony up and make a damn deposit so we could play some real poker…

I worked until start time again this week anyways. Next week I’ll be back on days so I can start tearing my hair out trying to get in the Doper game again.

You’d a thought they was playing fer $100 chips tonite. Them was some desperate dudes. :slight_smile:

So really, Otto. Will $100 be enough of a stake?? I’ll put $100 down.

My thinking (which others on the site seem to support) is to keep a minimum of 100xBB for whatever level you’re playing.

I usually play the .50-$1 NL tables, sometimes the .25-.50 tables.

Does this answer your questions? For serious, I’m quite drunk so I may not be understanding your post.

Well that’s close enough. 100X a $1 BB would be my $100, if I got down to say $50 I’d stick another $100 in, I was just kinda curious as to the initial stake.

Thanks for caring enough to answer, always look forward to your input.