An interesting puzzle

I’m not sure if this has been posted before - I haven’t seen it, but that means next to nothing. It has certainly been around a while - long enough for them to change some of the level passwords from those posted on other message boards :slight_smile:

http://deathball.net/notpron/notpron.htm

I’m up to level 12 now, and it has been slow going… let’s see how the rest of you manage!!

If you are going to give hints/tips, please use spoiler boxes and please don’t give away the passwords outright, that defeats the fun of it.

Grim

I got to ten then cheated despite myself. I haven’t gone back since then, though I would like to.
Two big thumbs up for it though :smiley:

I was wondering how long it’d take for someone to mention that game. Sooooo hard. Got through a few levels and then gave up when I heard that there might be several dozen (is that true?).

Site says there are 81

No, it says 105.

Okay, it’s one of those puzzles that you have to completely figure out by yourself. I hate these, yet am oddly drawn to them. Can someone get the ball rolling for me by just telling me how to get past level 2? I read the hint page, and it wasn’t so much helpful.

I’m stuck there myself, Munch.

oooooh, figured it out. when you hover over the knob, it gives you the hint

go to the url at the top of your browser and change the page number frim 2 to 3. thats what it means by “address?”

another hint, it says it on the page

[spoiler]ITS NOT A POINT AND CLICK THING

the urls are important[/spoiler]

I don’t know how to do a spoiler box…I apologize.

Spoiler
The hint that said the game is not a point and click thing threw me off because when the box popped up after moving across the doorknob, I just hit enter and then clicked on the doorknob and I went to level three.
End Spoiler

Unfortunately, I am now stuck on level four. The members of the hints forum seem to be generally a rude, snarky bunch. I really liked when one of the mods tells someone who is stuck on level two that they “must really be stupid” and they should go “play the games on disney.com”. GRRRR…assholes.

Okay, cool. I actually did that earlier, but thought Level 3 was a dead-end page. Teaches you to stop assuming things!

melondeca, to do a spoiler, in front of the phrase, put the word spoiler between . at the end of the phrase, put /spoiler in between .

thanks

I’m stuck at 4. Seems like you need to be a bit computer-savvy to get some of the hints (scrolling ahead on the hints page, I saw some stuff about ASCII)

The clue to #4 is similar to that of the solution to #3. But other than that, I can’t help, because it didn’t seem to work for me. Seeing that there are downloads needed further down the line, I’m taking a pass. Good luck to everyone - looks to be a ton of fun.

I’m also stuck at four, though I’ve only been trying for about five minutes…I have a short attention span, so sometimes these games and me don’t get along.

OK, so I get that I have to google something…something to do with the dark. In the Dark is a book, I tried the author’s first name as username and last name as password but no go. Ugh.

For #4:

Try highlighting the picture like you did for #3. Check out the morse code superimposed over the side of the desk. Unfortunately, it’s pretty fuzzy.

Regarding #4

Ok, I figured out the morse code on the night table, and it’s voodoopower. But what do I do with that? I tried putting it in the address bar, as with the other levels, but that gets me a 404 this time. Any ideas?

For # 4

voodoo is the user name and power is the password

Thanks, melondeca. And now I’m hung up on #6. “Source code”? ASCII? ALT? Shows you how much I know about CS…