Very vaguely creepy.

What is something you find about a person, place, or thing that is very vaguely creepy. Not outright “Oh, my, what a pervert!” or anything, but just slightly creepy.

My example is thus. There has been a rubber glove sitting on my dad’s computer desk for a week now, right behind the keyboard. I don’t know why it’s there, I don’t know when it showed up. I don’t know how it got there or what he’s used it for. It is just very vaguely creepy that it is there.

–Tim

Every person I’ve sent my picture to thinks I’m cute (not hot, but cute in the kitten kind of way). Every single one… I find that vaguely creepy, wouldn’t you?

That some folks think their photo makes them attractive.

Looks have very little to do with personality. Perhaps I should point out that Ted Bundy was considered attractive…

Oh, that’s creepy. I hated Married With Children.

mattk – very cute you smart ass! That’s Al Bundy, not Ted Bundy! And I find it more than creepy that you see a similarity betwixt the two!

Gratuitous use of ‘betwixt’: 15 creepiness points

sub[/sub]

mattk DARED to sputter, “Gratuitous use of ‘betwixt’”

Gratuitous? How? Oh, you really better be able to show my “gratuitous” use of that word or I will haul your sad, silly ass into the Pit and rip you up one side and down the other and maybe, MAYBE after I’m done I’ll turn what is left of your carcass over to the other rip fiends that lie in wait for your picayune, chump ass!

Be sure, little one, that you really want to get into a Pit thread with me. Choose wisely. I can be nice but I can also be the very biggest bitch on the face of this planet that you DON’T want to ever meet during a blast of verbal volley.

Just be sure that you really want to call me out over, “betwixt” when it wasn’t gratuitous.

Well that wasn’t received as I intended, obviously. Sorry, Byz. Just being cheeky, honest.

Well, although I’m still a little confused as to what I did to deserve that blast, here’s vaguely creepy: the little piles of plaster that appear at the foot of my hall radiator every now and then, without apparent explanation.

mattk – let me come back and say… oh, now, I was harsh but we both know what you did to inflame my ire!

Don’t ever, unless you have a good god damn reason, to question my use of a word. I didn’t use that word gratuitously. And I jumped your butt for a good reason. Don’t stand there all like I jumped you without reason… that’s not fair!

I can make nice but so should you!

I didn’t jump your ass without cause… you questioned my use of a word, that, in all honesty, was used correctly.

And all that flutter of plaster? It’s probably from me beating on your door!

Okay, so let’s just make nice.

I won’t hound your ass and you admit that I used that word in the correct place.

Really, I did!

Byzantine, I’m happy to admit you used the word correctly, and I never intended to question your eloquence. If my (admittedly lame) attempt at wit was open to misinterpretation, I’m sorry – but it was only intended as humour, and I was quite taken aback by the ferocity of the response.

All’s well that ends well, then, I hope.

mattk – I like humor. And I do have a great sense of one. But that wasn’t funny. Not at the time (one of my majors is in English and I get quite snippy about my usage) it is now…

So, can we cuddle up and be friends?

I’m really very nice. Really, I am. Come here. I won’t rip your head off… mmmm… you smell nice… what is that? Pert? Hmmm… smells nice… and you said, “All’s well that ends well” and that is so much a Shakespeare quote that I cuddle you even harder! No, no, I’m not trying to strangle you! I’m loving you! I know it hurts, but I’m trying!

I know love hurts, but this is agony!

Sorry for the thread hijack, Homer.

How about someone who caries an axe around in the back seat of their car. Always

A married friend of mine told me her husband regularly shaves his pubic hair. All of it.
I can’t decide which is creepier, his doing it, or her thinking I might have some use for the information. Yick.
struuter

I have to agree with the shaved pube thing being creepy. It would definately give me pause if all of a sudden my BF showed up one Friday night with a bald crotch. (I’ve done mine before and think it looks pretty ugly too. Much better with a little fur coat on I think.)

Needs2know

Needs–
Let me put it to you this way–I can NEVER look at that guy the same way again. Every time I see him I have to physically fight the urge to just blurt out, “My God man! What would possess you to shave yourself WILLINGLY? What a steady hand you must have!”
It’s creepy, indeed. And his wife told me in such a matter-of-fact way that it made it really weird. I told her no more information about him or herself that I couldn’t find on their driver’s license.
When it comes down to it…I don’t care WHAT body parts people want to shave. I just don’t want to be the person who gets to know all the gorey details.
struuter

When I meet someone, and they wipe their hand on their pants or shirt and then shove it out there for me to shake it. I find that kinda creepy. I mean, if you are not apparently working with dust or dirt, that little wipe just makes my not want to touch you (where has that hand been?)
Vaguely creepy.

I would find it more of a compliment rather than creepy, but maybe some of the people are adults who are patronizing you and I do find that at least irritating if not creepy. I am making this observation after viewing your ICQ profile that says you are 13.

By the way, welcome to the board and I believe you are our youngest doper.

When you catch someone (unknown) staring at you–that’s pretty creepy/weird…