Wonderwench and lekatt..... Celebrating ignorance!!!

Terry Schiavo is dead, but ignorance goes on forever.

I was going to go post by post and counter all the misinformation with actual facts.

I was going to spend a couple paragraphs describing various actions they could take with a multitude of species of the animal kingdom.

I was going to bitch, moan, and work myself into a froth over how utterly contemptible they are.

But, it won’t help them, and it won’t help me. They have absolutely no intent to debate, they have no desire to educate themselves, and they have no concern with spreading lies, rumors, and innuendos. They do not just remain ignorant, they revel in it. They invite it into their homes and spend eons making sweet love to ignorance and bearing its’ children, spreading it further and further into the world.

They are beyond help.

So, just consider this a Public Service Announcement. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by ever engaging wonderwench and lekatt. Save your time, breath, and sanity and ignore every lie that comes out of their mouth. You’ll thank me for it later.

You don’t suppose they’re breeding, do you? :eek:

If it helps, I did very much like the line about the salmon of stupidity flapping upstream against the current of reason. There’s even room for a currant/raisin pun there, although I have no idea what purpose it would serve.

I thought lekatt was leaving us. See how long THAT lasted!

I’m actually pretty surprised it’s taken this long for that thread to end up in the Pit, in one way or another. Nothing good will come of it, of course, but it seems appropriate nevertheless.

Well, he claims to have come back from what’s usually the ultimate one-way trip, after all. If that doesn’t prove you can’t get rid of the guy that easily, I don’t know what does.

At this point, I’m just taking comfort in the fact that there aren’t as many of these folks out there as there could be. I think I’ve fought the good fight on this one; I just don’t have the energy for it anymore.

Around here, at least, it’s down to those last few impossible, caked-on chunks of ignorance at the bottom of the pan that won’t ever really come off no matter how hard you scrub. Just not worth it.

I thought it was only me. I thought it was my lack of patience. I thought well hell, maybe I’m just ballistically inclined. I honestly thought my head would explode as I posted a few comments to lekatt! What is wrong with people? They sit there and make innuendo based remarks with no evidence whatsoever besides the nasty little games their mind plays while poster after poster throws evidence after evidence in their face and still they continue to post facetious question after facetious question ignoring everything that’s been dished up to them and then they have the nerve to pass moral judgment on people based on what their imagination whips up instead of taking time to read the information presented to them. I honestly think that people like this are simply in need of attention whether it makes them look like complete asses or not!

regards,
widdley

Check out the length of that sentence, will ya?

Oh you did fight the good fight! You babysat those threads for days on end and patiently delivered information and repeated information to just about anyone who asked for it, including me. I personally think it’s time to cut off the information supply to people like that. If their curiosity didn’t compel them to research the Schiavo case as it was unfolding they sure as hell aren’t going to snap out of it and do it now.

regards,
widdley

He missed this place so much, he had a near dearthexperience.

It is literally painful to see the ignorance of those two in that thread. Yet I cannot look away. It’s like playing with a sore in your mouth.

I jus read the entire GD thread, and I kept thinking that wonderwench had both fingers stuck in her ears and was screaming at the top of her lungs “LA-LA-LA-I-CAN’T HEEEEEAR YOOOOOU” throughout the entire thread.

I’ve known others that tenaciously cling to their own personal rocks of ignorance like oysters - my sister and father for two…

I just gave up. I didn’t give up trying to get them to see my point of view, I gave up trying to get them to see their own blind spots - it’s not worth the energy.

“*Never attempt to teach a pig to whistle. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.**”

[sub]*Heinlein?[/sub]

Twain. Heinlien wasn’t fit to sharpen his pencils.

Oh, sweet merciful crap. I’m about halfway through the first page of that thread, and I feel like my brain is about to explode. Even I’m not masochistic enough to jump into the argument again right now. My hat’s off to those of you who are still in the trenches.

If it makes you feel any better, DoctorJ, you have educated many people about this case. But there are always going to be some people who, to paraphrase Hamlet, have “their eyes closed, their fingers in their ears, and their heads planted firmly up their asses.” There’s nothing you can do about them.

Among others:

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It only wastes your time and annoys the pig. --Mark Twain
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. – Lazarus Long, “Time Enough for Love”

Who’s this Heinlien guy? The boyfriend of Shania Twian? :stuck_out_tongue:

“But lekatt came back
the very next day
lekatt came back…we thought he was a gonner but
lekatt came back
he just couldn’t stay away.”

Errr…I should go to bed now…

My memory is faulty…I stand corrected.

Aeschenes is their child? :eek:

**Hamlet, damn it, you stole my pitting.

Folks, yesterday afternoon, I was accused by lekatt of all people of making “irrational deductions” in post 69 on page 2. Here’s the post:

Now as far as I’m concerned, being accused of makind irrational deductions by lekatt is rather like being accused of being a bigot by the KKK. The man is a walking example of ignorance and faulty logic personified. He consistently refuses to acknowledge any evidence except that which supports his own, bizarre vaguely New Age view. He’s so spaced out I swear he’s orbiting a star somewhere a couple of galaxies over. I’ve read his stuff on NDEs. I’ve also learned to stay out of such threads for the sake of my own temper, soul, and karma.

A man who wouldn’t know logic if it walked up, said “Hello” to him, took him to bed, and fucked the daylights out of him for a week (maybe that’s what happened? ;)) has accused me of making “irrational deductions”! I admit it’s early, but I can’t think of anything more bizarre.

CJ