Is there a song more annoying than Rich Girl by Gwen Stefani?

I’ve been subjected to this numerous times on the sound system at my gym. The na-na-na-na chorus is even worse than having to listen to people conducting business on their cell phone in the locker room and it doesn’t get much more annoying than that. I’m sure there are other songs even more annoying, but I can’t think of any offhand.

“They’re coming to take me away ha-ha…”

Is there any song more annoying than anything by Gwen Stefani? She’s got the worst “little girl” voice I’ve ever heard.

“If I Were a Flintstone” Parody by S.T.G.

*If I were a Flintstone,
Ya ba dabba dabba, yabba dabba dabba dabba do!
All day long I wear nice loinclothe
If I were a Cromagnon! *

Hey!

Perhaps “Holla-Back Girl” by Gwen Stefani is more annoying.

I just saw an interview with her and was completely amazed that she is stunningly beautiful in real life and sounds like a real girl!!
Why on God’s green earth does she have to dress up like a clown for every clip and sound like a cartoon character on helium?

Even in No Doubt, her overuse of vibrato was annoying. She has a good voice, but you wouldn’t know it from hearing her singles. But she is a truly drop-dead gorgeous woman, and I’m glad she’s still successful.

I second that statement. That song - :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Am I the only one who is disturbed at the melded images of Gwen Stefani and Topol that this song evokes? What possessed them to use that little snippet of song? I guess nothing is so hip as a middle-aged, nineteenth century Jewish peasant. :confused:

I really like the song. It’s fun and bouncy.

I wear headphones at the gym, so I only ever see the music video. So far, I have no problem with it. :smiley:

As previously mentioned, Holla-Back Girl easily surpasses Rich Girl in pure irritability power. This despite Rich Girl lyrics that claim the song is an “original track.” Although it is possible that I misunderstood that section of the song, my attention has usually faded out by the time the rap solo comes around.

But both of these songs are less annoying than “Hey Ya” by Outkast which has thankfully been pulled from the air waves having been found to cause constipation in hampsters.

That song makes me want to puke. Whover told Stefani that she needs to ghetto-fy her image should be shot. It just doesn’t work for her. Sure, she’ll make $millions off of it. But anytime that I hear the beginning of that song, my hand moves at the speed of lightning to switch the radio to an AM Sports station. I can’t possibly risk catching that song on another FM station.

To be fair, I heard a radio interview with Gwen where she said she very purposely set out to record a dance-pop album with “lighter” musical content than No Doubt was doing. She sure did, and I guess stuff like that gets play in the clubs now. I’ve even heard “Holla-Back Girl” on the local hip-hop radio stations, which is almost unheard of for any sort of rock/pop/crossover artists. But the lead-off single from her solo album, “What You Waiting For?”, seemed like a career misstep and just a bad song compared to the No Doubt stuff, and “Rich Girl” and “Holla-Back Girl” didn’t get any better.

This :

just made me laugh out loud.

In my book it doesn’t get much lighter than No Doubt.

Whoa there! I’ve got that song on my Top 100 songs of all-time. I guess I understand how someone can find it annoying in a way similar to Cameo’s “Word Up”. But I love that song too.

Well, that clears up my confusion as to why she would record a song with the lyric “I ain’t no Harlem black girl.”

That made very little sense to me.

Which is the one that has the drum line rythyms and the ultra hot anime looking chicks writihing around? I’ve only seen it on talk shows, so I have no idea if it would annoy me to hear it on the radio without any of the lovely visuals, but I must say I approve of the writhing hot manga girls.

That’s “Holla-Back Girl,” and the hot Japanese chicks seem to be Gwen’s new sidekicks, the “Harajuku girls” she mentioned in “Rich Girl.” They have appeared in all three videos with her.

Dude, y’all be wack. Her shit is bananas.

It even helps you spell bananas.

Sorry, BBVD, that wasn’t in response to you. Hit the wrong checkbox.