Is there a song more annoying than Rich Girl by Gwen Stefani?

BWAHAHAHA!!!1111

I almost just fell off my chair. :smiley:

I think I’m gonna mention this in the “Stuff that never stops being funny. Ever.” thread over in MPSIMS.

:smiley:

Well clearly you are a hampster hater.

(Or maybe you just have a different taste in music than I do… Nah that can’t be it. :wink: Yeah, I hate “Word Up” too.)

The thing that bothers me the most about it is that they inserted a grammatical error when it was right in the original (changing “if I were” to “if I was.”) Why can’t good grammar be cool?

This song irritates me to no end. That damn Pepsi commercial where the girl takes the cap off the bottle and the “na na na na na na na” starts playing makes me want to kick something.

Mmmm, Mandy Amano…

It’s pop-lite to be sure. Also, there’s something a little creepy about a 35 year old woman running around a high-school. That said, her body in the high-school video is rather impressive. I could stare at her all day without giving a fiddler’s %$*@ about her music.

Possibly, although those songs do not represent the genre of music I mostly prefer (80’s - current British-style pop/alternative/punk).

The sad thing is, if you listen to No Doubt’s first Album (the self-titled one), you find that she can actually sing decently, and has an interesting voice if she uses to actually sing instead of grunting and squealing like she does now. Listen to “Sad For Me” and “Sometimes” (I think that’s what it’s called).

Oh yeah, and if she’s going to act like she discovered Harajuku or even pretend to be friends with it’s girls, maybe she should learn to pronounce it. I don’t like that she uses them as accessories. Most Japanese girls don’t even look like that.

Gwen Stephani is a major league hottie but whoever dresses her is an idiot and deserves to be beaten severely (fashion my ass!). I have drooled over her many times, luckily I have only been foolish enough to subject myself to her “music” a couple of times. That “marching band song” is quite possibly the worst thing I have been assaulted with in a long time (judging by the desire to and the speed involved in muting it.)

Unclviny

Sounds like it does work for her, then.

Me, too!

The slap bass and the horns near the end. I could do without the images of codpieces, though.

I was the first to nominate that piece of shit in the Worst Covers of All Time thread a couple of weeks ago. I’ve hated the original musical ever since my step-mother played the fucking record of it every Sunday morning for years. Now I have to hear that goddamned cover all the time.

It is one of the lamest, most awful things in the history of popular music and yes that includes disco and line dancing.

Haj

Since I don’t keep up with current musical trends and performers, I thought Gwen had done a cover of the Hall & Oates song from the 70’s.

Well, there’s that My-Lah-Hee song and all of its evil parody spawn.

“You can rely on the old man’s money…na na na na na na na na naaaa” :smiley:

Most annoying song ever: that stupid “Chicken to China, a Chinese chicken” song.

I’ve heard both of these Gwen Stafani songs while scanning past the Top 40 station. And I just don’t get the hatred here. They sound exactly like everything, every single song that’s been played on Top 40 for the last ten years. Well, maybe they’re a bit better than most. Their level of irritibility is way lower than most of the crap that Top 40 radio plays.

So what’s the deal? Is it just than Stafani is a real singer slumming? There’s nothing special about these songs as crap goes. :confused:

Vonzelle just made up for that sucky first song.

You can tell who Simon wants to market. Was that a blatant challenge to Vonnie voters. Oh God, I looooove this song. Los Lonely Boys are all my boyfriends at night when I hug my pillow. He kinda looks like he could fit in their band.