The SDMB World Poker Tour on Pokertropolis......Rude and Grim when you go All-In

Well, we Dopers are in the process of jumping from Pokerroom over to Pokertropolis. Since this is a fundamental change, I think it warrants a new thread (old thread - where we mentioned Pokertropolis at post #350 and beyond for our reasoning), because we want to let the rest of the Dopers know that there is a Thursday night poker party with fellow Dopers playing Texas Holdem for prestiege, honor, bragging rights AND for a jackpot of $1.00 or less! We are looking for more interested Dopers to join us on Thursday nights (10pm EDT, 7pm PDT) to match skeelz, wit, visions of Raquel Welsh circa 1967 and have fun doing it!

That’s what makes us Rude and Grim when we go All-In! :smiley:

Each Thursday night game will cost 60 cents…50 cents for the game, and 10 cents towards the pot. The game is always private among us Dopers and we also use AOL Instant Messaging for online commentary, BS, and to comment how “rude” an Ace-high flush is over a “grim” King-high flush. :smack:

Post here and let us know if you’re in! If not this week, then see if you can meet up with us next week…you don’t have to be there every week.
Take it away, x.

As I posted at the end of the previous thread, I’m not in via Neteller, since they hate Marylanders. But if somebody can front me the $20, a check will be in the mail that same day.

x-ray can help you out there, OMD…email him.

SDMB World Poker Tour, With Cash Winnings of Over $.40 So Far!

I’d just like to note for the record that my $.40 purse will be used to front a cool two-thirds of the entry fee for this week’s tournament. I’m the kind of guy who just has to let it ride.

Nothing exudes machismo like a man willing to risk forty cents by letting it ride.

I am so there tomorrow night. But that’ll be it for a while, as I’m starting to work nights again. Unless you guys want to delay until about 12:45 AM Eastern so I can get home in time.

I’m going to really, really, really try extra-much to get home in time tomorrow night. I hate it that you guys were short last week. And I am anxious to try PTrop.

Kyy, can I be part of your entourage?

Sounds like you need to shuffle up and deal, maybe have a Michelob Amber Bock, the official beer of the World Poker Tour.

It’s a rough, hard kind of life and it takes a certain kind of man. You need ice in your veins and a good change purse by your side. When you look that other man in the eye and slide those 40 american cash money cents into the middle of the table, you can’t think of it as the baby’s diaper money, or a senior-sized coffee down at the Golden Arches. Mundane concerns vanish in the gleam coming off a freshly-polished dime.

Sometimes it haunts me at night, the 40 cents I never got back. When I dream, I see a 4-stack of dimes; or a quarter, a dime, and a nickel, or even the notoriously wobbly 8-stack of nickels. Once I saw a quarter and two dimes, but I chalk that one up to stress.

Something keeps you coming back time and again, chasing that golden 50-cent piece. Maybe I’m a little crazy, but I can’t abide dime-hoarding suburban life. I gotta hear the thunk of change on felt, and feel the smooth head of Roosevelt as I rake in my winnings. So post your blinds, gentlemen. I feel lucky.

Those are MY damn freshly-polished dimes you’re admiring, pal!

Blackjack, baby! Twenty One!

Oh, we’re playing poker?? Well, that does explain why I’ve been losing. Regularly.

At least they were just chocolate coins up until last week. I want my shiny new dimes back.

I’m slacking a little with posting results. Sorry guys, I’ve been real busy lately (I wasn’t even aware of this thread until today). So, are we calling last week practice? Who needs to be funded? I think OMD and Nanook. Let me know who needs funds in their pokertropolis acct. and I’ll take care of it before tonight’s game. See you suckas tonight.

Yeah, I think we put last week down as a transition practice session, there were guys who couldn’t get in (and were there on time IIRC).

But AFAIK we never got an updated score from the week before. Not that I really need to see mine :wink:

Anybody who reads this before tonight, take heed!! Be on time!!! Like at LEAST 5 minutes early!!

That was beautifully writ, Kyy.

Yeah, last week was considered practice…NOT a GAME…but practice. [/A. Iverson]

I’m gonna be doing payroll tonight at work, but I think I can d/l PT and take a break. I’ll also be doing all-star drafting (before 7pm PDT) for my kid’s baseball league…that’s right…I’m an All-Star Coach! Woot!

Yeah I need funding. I also sent you an e-mail asking for your reimbursement methods. Expect me there tonight.

I’m in for tonight.

Nice!

Glad to have you aboard, Dag Otto.

You guys said you had problems getting in last week? What kind of problems? Don’t tell me not on the same server! :slight_smile:

Do you have AIM set up? AIM is semi-crucial for getting it all together (seems like you were on AIM with us once before, I can’t recall…)

Welcome aboard! Some of these guys are really rude, and can be quite grim, but not me!!

$0.40?!? I’ve always dreamed of playing with the high-rollers. Those sauve sophisticated sharks, staring into your soul behind dark oakley sunglasses or stricking fear into the hearts of newb players by wearing a 10 gallon hat. Some of those guys are so good, they’ll raise pots with a 2-7 offsuit! Amazing.

Anyway, I’ll see if I can jump in. Hopefully, I’ll remember. Maybe I can get OhFace to play, too. I’ve been getting her into it so I’m sure she’d loved to play. No I just have to find a way to come up with that huge buy in.

Hey, this ain’t no 2 nickles and 3 dime game here! It’ll set ya back $.60 to ante up with us sophisticates!