TV Shows You'd Like to See Become Movies

What with the current fad of old TV shows being turned into movies, and, frankly, what with some of these movies being bad beyond words, I thought I’d put the question to y’all.

I, personally, would like to see “Murphy Brown” brought to the big screen. Yes, I know it’s about TV, but so were “Network” and “Broadcast News”.

Just wondering, is all.

Robin

None of them!

Stop the Madness!

Angel, but not Buffy. I think Angel is more fit to the big screen.

Other than that, I’d say Firefly, which is coming.

I am at a loss as to why we have not yet seen a 6 million dollar man movie (although they would need to adjust the title for inflation).

Deep Space Nine, Quantum Leap, and a wrap up finale of Joan of Arcadia. I wouldn’t turn up my nose at Sports Night either.

It’s coming. Being made right now, with Jim Carrey.

As for me, I’d love to see a Justice League Unlimited movie, with heightened stakes, reality-threatening events, and the occasional dramatic death. If they did something like Crisis on Infinite Earths as a full-length movie, that would be amazing.

An NC17-rated Three’s Company.

If only they’d make a big screen adaptation of The Banana Splits life would be complete.

I assume you’re kidding.

Samurai Jack, live action. Maybe with Sam Raimi or Robert Rodriguez directing.

Haven’t they done, or are planning to do, a remake of I Dream of Jeanie? I could see a version that’s more serious and slightly darker than the TV show, where Jeannie’s sexual interest in Maj. Nelson is much more explicit and rather less innocent. Not quite have her be a succubus, but something like the Tim Powers novel The Stress of Her Regard.

There’s no entry in the IMDB, but the rumor has been floating around for a couple of years.

My eyes! My eyes!

flees screaming from the thread

Oh come on, I’m casting Ernest Borgnine and Phyllis Diller as the Ropers!!

:dubious:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Well, the movie was canon to the series, so it was really more of a Tv series made based on a movie. Ya’ would think fans would know that. However, I could certainly appreciate the idea of a “Ten years after the series ends, the old crew has to take out a new threat” movie.

Oh, and I would love to see A Kim Possible movie. However, I would not like to see an “Inspector Gadget” style, “Let’s combine all the plots we can into one mega plot, and abandon the origin.” Instead, I would rather see an adventure that using the big screen to full advantage.

Sooner or later we are going to see a Rawhide movie. Clint Eastwood will probably direct.

Picket Fences

Early Edition

Just Shoot Me

Definitely Farscape. More for my own selfishness to see the cast together again than anything else. And I’d like to see what they can do with a movie budget, as opposed to a smaller, cable TV network budget.

Night Court. No reason, just been watching the marathon on TVLand.

E.

I’d love to see a Babylon 5 movie, but only if it had J. Michael Straczynski at the helm.