Names of sexual positions in other languages

Names of sexual positions in other languages

What do they call things like “doggy style”, “Cowgirl” and other sexual positions in other languages? Do they just use the American words or are there other different slang expressions?

Well, I doubt the ancient Romans engaged in LXIX. :slight_smile:

Why would we use the american words for this anymore than for anything else?

I don’t know what the “cowgirl” is, but assuming that it’s when the woman is above, it’s called “l’amazone” in french. The missionnary has the same french name : “missionnaire”. “Doggy style” is also called similarily : “la levrette” (a “levrette” being a greyhound bitch).

Gah! I’m American and even I am amazed at how conceited we can be. Why would other cultures use the same words? E. Indians have their own words and phrases. The country may be uptight now, but we wrote the Kama Sutra for Og’s sake.

Just FTR, I am not attacking you, just find this idea very silly!

Not for long. First, it took six people, and while the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th (counting from left) got a little enjoyment out of it, the one bent at the waist at the left and the one lying straight in 4th position didn’t have any fun at all! :slight_smile:

Japanese:

正常位 (seijoui) “normal position” = missionary
バック (bakku) “back” = doggy style
騎乗位 (kijoui) “horseback position” = cowgirl
横臥位 (ougai), 側位 (sokui) “side position” = spooning

They do use the term for 69, but really… why would you think that America invented the terms other cultures use for sex?

… especially considering the anglophone world took this term from the French soixante-neuf.

Once again, the french term for “spooning” is similar to the english one : “es petites cuilleres” (tea spoons).

My main reason for thinking that this might be the case is because you can hear the american curse words all around the world, particularly the “F” word. I guess I put sexual position names in the same catagory.

In Russian, “doggie style” is rakom, which more or less means “like a crab.” There are lots more in a book I have somewhere, but I’m too tired to look for it right now, and the last time I tried to read it, some of them were described in such a convoluted way that I couldn’t possibly visualize how they would work.

“You want beef with broccoli?”

Bolding mine.

Just FYI, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, that particular “American curse word” was being used in England over a century before the Mayflower sailed.

You will not believe this, but being Spanish my mother’s tongue I have no idea what most sexual positions are called in Spanish. Weird. I blame the nuns in my school.

The only ones that I know are “misionario” and “en cuatro patas” (on all four legs). I should start doing some research. Or maybe not.

Oh, that’s awesome. “Hey, baby. Let’s crab!”

In Russia, crab rides you!

:smiley: excellent:D

An old German friend assured me that the girl wearing leather and carrying a whip is locally called “The Old Fashioned Way.”

I was never sure when Ingo was pulling my leg.

All of which reminds me that the latest Cosmopolitan had a cover-read story about the latest and greatest variation, called the 77.

After some maneuvering the couple look like the number, apparently.

True Blue Jack

Well yeah but, believe it or not sex predates mass media, as well as American hegemony.

Yes, even kinky sex :slight_smile: .

:confused: