Catholic priests, celebacy and prostate problems

Do Catholic priests and any other men who do not ejaculate regularly (if at all) have higher incidents of prostate and/or vascular problems?

You missed a thread on this topic on this very page.

They are discussing if masturbation is good for you or not.
I’m wanting to know if those who never ejaculate have higher rates of problems, specifically Catholic priests - I did post on that thread, but noone answered and it was a slight highjack.

Well, they probably have more nocturnal emissions, I would imagine.

The first problem is that you can’t really show that Catholic Priests work well as a comparison group. Obvious jokes aren’t necessary to articulate but there isn’t any reason to think that Catholic Priests would be any different from the millions of older single men that don’t get much.

The second problem is that I doubt that anyone would do such a study. The subject is tainted from several different levels and it wouldn’t make good or accurate scientific reporting.

Well annecdotal evidence then, from any doctors of Catholic prients??
Or maybe the question should be (and also very hard to answer), do Catholic priests wank? That would be a point of difference from your average single male who isn’t getting any.

Or you could be cynical and question whether or not members of the clergy actually DO ejaculate less than “the rest of us”…

This column of Cecil’s may be of interest: Why do one’s loins ache after a session of nonclimactic arousal?

There is some analogy here with nuns, who apparently have traditionally had higher rates of breast cancer – so much so that it used to be knows as the nuns’ disease. It’s thought that breastfeeding has a protective role, and that women who don’t breastfeed – nuns being a good example – are at higher risk.

Priests are bitter?