Is Frequent Masturbation Good For You (Especially Males)?

All the old talk centered around masturbation making you blind and such. Seems to me that masturbation would probably be good for you. No, I’m not talking about arm excercises or heavy breathing. I am talking about keeping the prostate juices, and sperm flowing. I also think your body would be happy when all of those sex hormones are flying around because it thinks you are getting all this action. There wouldn’t be any sense in taking an active contributor out of the gene pool.

Is masturbation good for you?

I think it’s good for EV-rybody!!
:slight_smile: :smiley: :eek: :wink:

A widely reported study from Australia this summer (here’s a cite from BBC News: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3072021.stm) says “Men could reduce their risk of developing prostate cancer through regular masturbation, researchers suggest.”

It also says: “A similar connection has been found between breast cancer and breastfeeding”.

So it appears that the answer is yes.

The basic explanation I’ve heard is that jerking it allows you to release semen/spooge which would otherwise just hang out in your testicles, potentially allowing carcinogens in the spooge to cause testicular cancer.

Jerk away!

(Although I’ve always had this unwarranted fear that jerking it would make my body think, on a purely biological level, that I was getting “too much” action [for the gene pool] and make it kill me off).

That’s great, because I like both.

I think there probably is such a thing as excessive masturbation, but only to the extent that you can only come so many times in a day, so that if you masturbate and then get laid you might not do as well as if you’d just come out of a dry spell. That’s just what I’ve found in my own experience.

Of course, frequent dog-flogging might also train the body to create more ball-batter. To extend the comparison to breast feeding even further, it’s certainly true that the breasts create more milk the more it’s used. It seems to me that an increased rate of bunk-spunking might have the same effect.

I had heard though that excessive sex can cause impotence. Specifically I heard that the last emperor of China, through having extreme quantities of sex while still young essentially wore out the goods and was impotent as an adult.

No idea on the veracity of any of that.

Me jerking off helps my wife prevent breast cancer and breast feeding?

Wow, who would have thought monkey spanking was so powerful?

This? This is the vaginal vault?

Breast cancer and breast feeding?

Masturbating and breast feeding. Sounds like that’d be a cool fetish. I’m gonna look into it.

Regularly ejaculating is supposed to be good for prostate health. It probably doesn’t make a difference if it is because of sex with someone else or achieved alone, at least as far as the prostate is concerned.

I believe masturbation is healthy.It’s just the looks I get on the bus…

[admonishing parent]You remember that movie we saw, The Last Emperor? Do you want to end up like him? Well… [/admonishing parent]

[child] Can I do it until I need concubines?[/child]

So Pee Wee Herman just had a cheap HMO? :rolleyes:

Didn’t Lewis Black say something like this?

“If you masturbate 20 times a day, you’ll never get out that door.”

or something to that effect.

I always thought that “Deadly Sperm Buildup” was more a joke/myth. Maybe someday we’ll be admonishing our children “Junior, don’t forget to masturbate”. “Mom!”

For the Emperor of China, there’s a chance his impotence was caused by certain viral or bacterial damage.

Damn I sure hope it is.

I mean, because I’m concerned for all you other guys and your health.

Yeah, you guys, you OTHER guys.

Concerned. For you. Me? I’m fine thanks.

Could ya close the door on the way out?