Alton Brown....mmmm

I admit, I have a serious crush on this man. I’ve told Ivylad he’s on my List (Ivylad just rolled his eyes at me) but I find him funny, bright, imaginative, and able to poke fun at himself.

Yes, I watch Good Eats every night. Yes, we’ve downloaded a few recipes and are enjoying his homemade cocoa mix. No, he doesn’t have big muscles or the looks, but hot damn!

I love the way he explains the science, and I enjoy his “Supporting Cast,” like “W” and the Nutrional Anthropologist. (Is that even a major? I’d never heard of it before.) The only show I couldn’t watch was the one about squid. When he pushed aside the squid he was going to cook to show a larger one so he could point out all the parts and pieces, I swallowed hard and found the remote.

So, am I alone in my geeky, unrequited love for the Good Eats man?

Well, not him so much, but I’ve had several brief fantasies revolving at various times around either Rachel Ray, Gaida De Laurentis, or Sandra Lee.

Oh, no! You are not alone! I have had a crush on him for ages. My best friend does as well. We are of the same mind: a geeky, sciency guy who cooks = HOT!

My favorites episodes are his Art of Darkness ones. Geeky, sciency, chocolatey goodness! Yum!

He’s far far from the big burly bear type of man that trips my trigger, but I kinda agree with ya ivylass*. Something about him makes me want to hug him and squeeze him [del]and call him George[/del] and pinch his cute little cheeks. Both sets of 'em. :smiley:

The Chocolate Lava Muffins with melted vanilla ice cream topping…how incredible decadent!

So, what’s the scoop on AB? Is that his home kitchen?

It’s a set these days, which is obvious enough given some of the shots. For example, when AB is filmed through a cabinent or the fridge. They filmed the first few season in a real house though, but it wasn’t AB’s house.

Back off! He’s mine. :wink:

Seriously, he’s on my list too. Along with Vincent D’Onofrio and Eminem.

I wouldn’t say I have a crush on him, but I enjoy his running commentary on Iron Chef America.

That makes sense. But it shore it a purty kitchen!

You are not alone, Mrs. Gryphon is a devotee and never misses Good Eats or American Iron Chef and that is a strictly AB fetish.

Sandra Lee doesn’t do anything for me (way too WASPy and not a good cook at all), but I adore Rachael Ray and I’ve quickly grown very attracted to Giada. I’ve never actually seen Nigella Lawson’s cooking show, but just from her book cover photos alone, I could see myself falling for her in a major way.

I run hot and cold with Sandra Lee, but that WASPyness is exactly what gets me about her. Ms. Prim and Proper doing nasty things with food. Grrr.

We are going to have to have a smackdown around here. Rachel Ray is mine, all mine. :mad:

Alton, OTOH, is my like my favorite cousin. Good Eats is Tivo’d every day, just so I don’t miss anything interesting. But I swear, if I hear him do that “Southern Colonel” character one more time, I’m gonna run him through his own Cuisinart.

According to foodnetwork.com, he’s doing another chocolate episode tonight (2/17).

We have decided that Sandra Lee is bulimic. We’re convinced she consumes all that food she makes then hurls it immediately. She looks a little emaciated.

We (that’s ACBG (the squeeze) and Me) have decided that Ina Garten AKA “The Barefoot Contessa” she beats her husband with a rolling pin. Also, we believe she is a closet lesbian. Our lesbian friends agree.

Rachel Ray consumes all that food she eats and it all goes straight to that big ol’ butt.

Tyler Florence is major cute and we want him to brain that vapid little thing he has to put up with on “How To Boil Water.”

Mario is also major cute.

Emeril gets on my last nerve.

I watch way too much Food Network.

Woot! I loves me some Alton Brown. I’m making up a batch of extra-garlic beef jerky with his box fan technique as we speak!

He’s made my heart go pitter-patter since the first time I saw his show. He’s dreamy!

I caught him on the fly one Thanksgiving and I learned about his brine. I made it and impressed the tar out of everyone at Thanksgiving. Even my MIL, who was shocked at first how I was cooking the turkey (soaking it in salt water! Cooking it at 500 degrees for 30 minutes! Horrors) couldn’t eat fast enough.

We didn’t have many leftovers that year.

For which we all are eternally grateful.

Rachael got a big ol’ butt.
You know I told you I’d be true.
But Rachael got a big ol’ butt.
So I’m leavin’ you.