I once had this T-shirt ...

I bought it in England when I was a youthful lad. It had a map of Europe on it and Hitler saluting. It was a parody of a rock T-shirt, bearing the title “Hitler: European Tour, 1939 - 1945.” The first date was Sept. 1939 – Poland. The date in Britain was marked “canceled” as was the date in Russia. The last date was at the Berlin Bunker in 1945.

I wore it at this academic camp and a counselor who was Jewish busted my chops hard for it.

Would anybody out there wear this T-shirt? Even in its extreme tackiness, it is sort of clever.

I saw another T-shirt several years later, possibly made by the same company. It was a Saddam Hussein T-shirt. Owing to his lack of success in the Gulf War, all of the concert dates were canceled.

A friend of mine once (it must have been some ten years ago or so) wore that T-shirt at a Yugoslav restaurant here in Stockholm, Sweden. I have no idea whereabouts in Yugoslavia (present and ex) the staff came from, but they were definitely NOT amused.

I definitely think it’s humorous in a punky-kinda-I-don’t-give-a-shit way, but I would be wary about actually wearing it. Why would you go out of your way to offend people? You’d have to know that a lot of people wouldn’t get it.

So - I wouldn’t wear it because I’d hate to have to explain my t-shirt to everybody who gave me a dirty look.

** Jack ** is right. Who wants to spend their day explaining their shirt?

I had a swell one with a map of Michigan on the back with various “Elvis” sightings (Burger King in Kalamazoo, the K-Mart in Escanaba etc.). Every time I wore it, folks would ask me ** when ** I’d last been to Graceland. :rolleyes:

Once saw a T in Manhattan, map of Oklahoma with a pot-leaf superimposed over it that said, “Thank God for Stillwell.” Having grown up in Oklahoma, I appreciated that one.

I have to agree with JackBatty. Its a funny shirt but no one would get it and ignorant people with no sense of humor would be offended. Especially here. I live in the dirty south and (i hope i offend someone by saying this…) people here are ignorant and jumpy. They arent just ignorant either (“ignorant” isnt always an insult but ignorant people always take it that way) they are downright stupid. And as for explaining the shirt to everyone you see, i can tell you that sucks. Everytime i wear my ‘Long Beach Dub All-Stars’ shirt people are always like "lang dung who what huh?’ i wish people would mind their own business. Oh, sorry about that, i got carried away. =X

Oh please! I remember that t-shirt from high school. It was kind of funny, and nobody freaked out.

It’s a fuckin’ T-SHIRT, A JOKE, not the end of the civilized world.

Get a life.

Now, hubby once owned a shirt made for a SoCal punk band, nasty cartoons, etc, on it and the phrase “mom & dad fuck off.”

Now THAT was a shirt to get up in arms about, if you’re gonna get up in arms over a t-shirt at all.

The most offensive t-shirt I ever saw had a cotton plant on it and said “It’s a white thing and you used to pick it.” I thought that went way over the line.

I don’t see anything wrong with Snooooopy’s t-shirt, but I wouldn’t wear it for fear that people might misunderstand it.

Funniest offensive shirt I ever saw came out right after Nixon passed away. It was the famous picture of Nixon and Elvis shaking heads. Right above the picture in big red letters was the word DEAD.

The English got the crap bombed out of them by the Germans, and they seemed to have gotten over it long enough to sell me the T-shirt.

Has anybody ever heard of the Campus Crusade for Cthulu? They had a cool T-shirt – “Our god can eat your god for breakfast.”

I have a T-shirt a friend of mine picked up for me in Pakistan a few months ago…it bears a map of Afghanistan, with the legend:

“The Great Mujahid of Islam - Osama Bin Laden, WORLD HERO”

I haven’t yet dared to wear that one out in public yet…bomb a few U.S. embassies, and all of a sudden people get SO touchy. :wink:

Besides, I’m still stinging from the scorning I got a few years ago when I, without thinking, wore a Ho Chi Minh shirt in to a local Chinese buffet. I didn’t know it, but as it turns out, said buffet also draws a pretty fair-sized Vietnamese crowd. Whoops…

I got flack at work for my shirt, I’m sure many of you have seen them, with Charles Manson on it, and saying Charlie Don’t Rave on the back. Not a good shirt to wear at EDS when you’re a temp…

Some friends and I have wanted to print up offensive T-shirts and sell them… really offensive.

My fav. would have a female figure on the front, full BDSM gear, Cat-O-Nine in one hand and a big knobby dildo in the other… leather, stilleto thigh-high boots, the whole nine yards…

The head is obviously the Virgin Mary, with full halo.

the back reads: “You’re only a virgin once.”

I would wear it, just not to work… hehehehe

“Fellatio: It’s not an opera, dummy.”

That one gave me great pause.

I saw a guy on campus with one that said, “It must suck being you.”

I’m not sure I would wear that one myself, but it was funny.

Then there was the one that said “I’m with stupid” and had an arrow pointing to the left (I think it was the left).

Re the OP, I once saw someone wearing the T-Shirt. This was about 15 years ago (not as much concern about “PC”), and they wore it to a Diplomacy game (a strategy game where lying and backstabbing is part of the game). Though Diplomacy is set in pre WWI and not WWII, the shirt is in line with the spirit of the game. We thought it was a riot.

Like Tatertot, I see nothing wrong with the shirt but wouldn’t wear it myself.

Kenny’s mom on South Park wears that “I’m with stupid” shirt. The arrow on hers points to her right… uh, yeah, the left! D’oh!

Ok, maybe not half, but I do have several mildly offensive shirts of the religious and musical variety. My faves:

–An Impaled Nazarene shirt that says “SUOMI FINLAND PERKELE - LETS FUCKING DIE” on the front (Perkele is a classic Finnish curse word) and “IN THE NAME OF SATAN” on the back

–A longsleeve shirt that from a distance appears to have the “Enjoy Coke” logo on it, but it really says “Enjoy Satan” (People have offered to buy it off my back)

–A tee shirt featuring an adorable Alice in Wonderland little girl holding a bloody knife and giving the devil horns sign with the other hand. The caption below: “I did it for Satan” (always think of Drain Bead when I put it on!)

Yeah, I know they’re juvenile but I still like them and really couldn’t give a toss what anyone else thinks. And like EJsgirl said, it’s just a T shirt! And no, I don’t worship let alone believe in da Debbil, hokay?

Saw one once that had picture of Ronny Reagan with a confused look on his face and a small dribble of white fluid coming out of his mouth. the headline over the picture?

“Forgot Milk?”

Pretty damn funny but also could upset a lot of people.

Then of course there are the onion’s t-shirts, of which my favorite is “your favorite band sucks”

Favorite funny shirt: Rolling Stone magazine ran a story on some band from Japan a few years back, and in the accompanying picture this Japanese guy had this goofy grin on his face and was wearing a shirt that simply said in block letters “YOU ARE FUNKY”. I still laugh when I think about it.

Favorite offensive shirt: I really haven’t seen a lot, all of yours top mine. But one of my favorite bands, Local H, sells a shirt that just says “FUCK YOU” on the back. Quick and to the point.

Favorite funny shirt #2: One time on the Simpsons while Homer was out bowling with his friends, Lenny had on a shirt that said “Bull Shirt.” I’m sure some company actually makes those somewhere…