Your theories for Harry Potter Book 7 (spoilers, obviously)

I have quite a few:
(spoiler space for mouse-over…)

-Neville Longbottom will somehow play a HUGE role, possibly dying, and going out as a hero

-Snape is NOT on the bad side. I firmly believe this-truly, truly believe this. When Dumbledore said “Severus…please” and Snape made a face-he had to do it. Otherwise, he couldn’t continue being a double agent. Also, didn’t he make an Unbreakable Vow, and since Draco was to kill Dumbledore, Snape HAD to do it?

-I also believe that Snape had a crush on Lily Potter (then Lily Evans).

-R.A.B. is soooo Regulus Black.

What are your’s?

I just picked up on a throw-away piece from The Prisoner of Azkaban that might be relevant, or might be silliness from Trelawney. It’s not good…

She observes that there are thirteen seated together for Christmas dinner. At the end of the dinner, Potter and Weasley get up at about the same time, and the question is which of them actually stood first. Superstition would have it that that person will be the first to die. Well, no, niether one of them has died YET…

Totally agree with you there. I believe Dumbledore absolutely didn’t want Malfoy to be responsible for murder, so he let Snape know he had to be the one to do it.

I’ll go without spoilers, since it says spoilers in the thread title. Wasn’t Dumbledore at that dinner? I think most of the Trelawney stuff is a red herring, and enough isn’t to keep you guessing.

I agree, and this is why Dumbledore trusts Snape so much. He knows he’d never team up with Lily’s murderer.

I think the person who would die would be the person who got up first, so its either Ron or Harry, not Dumbledore who I assume was still sitting down.

I think saoirse’s point was that that the first to get up should die first (an actual superstition of 13 at table, btw). Since Dumbledore actually died first, the prediction (if any) is void.

OTOH, Trelawney was right, I think, with her random walking around drunk with her tarot cards. Lightning around a tower, a dark young man, one who dislikes the questioner… seems to fit the events towards the end of HBP quite well.

Good point.

Snape: Was not in love with Lily. Has never been in love with anybody, except possibly Narcissa Malfoy. Is a thoroughly nasty, hateful piece of work, but will die a big redemptive death.

Peter: Will also die a big redemptive death, but the journey will be quite different from Snape’s.

Petunia: Knows something important. Will be killed before she can tell anyone what it is.

Dumbledore: Is still dead.

Aberforth Dumbledore: Will turn out to be important, possibly as the current possessor of the locket Horcrux, via Mundungus, who stole it from 12 Grimmauld Place.

Sirius: Is also still dead, but will find a way to communicate with Harry somehow.

Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione: All alive and happily paired up at the end of the series, although Harry is going to have a near-death experience of some sort at the climax of the book.

This thread may also be of interest: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=414092&page=1

I knew I wrote my guess for the end of the series in my journal in July 05 –

Okay, my speculation for the end of the series is that Harry has to make the Ultimate Sacrifice in his showdown with Voldemort. He will go into the final confrontation thinking the Ultimate Sacrifice is his life, and he is prepared to do so willingly to save his friends, but hey, it’s a children’s book and JKR isn’t really going to kill off Harry, will she? Rather, I think it will turn out, to Harry’s great surprise, that the Ultimate Sacrifice in his case is (drum roll please) the loss of his wizarding powers. I’m finding this oddly satisfying, in a twisted way, because it would be so final, without magic there isn’t a lot of point in continuing the Harry story – something that fans have been begging for, and JKR has always said is of no interest to her whatsoever. And it really would be the ultimate sacrifice for Harry.

I’ve spent way too much time thinking about the ending of the Harry Potter series, and should probably get a life of some sort.

– Harry will go back to Hogwarts, despite the ending of Book 6. He’ll be persuaded by MacGongal and Hagrid. There is still stuff he needs to learn that can only be learned there.
– He also returns to the house at Grimmauld Place, since it is his. He’ll start his search for the Horcruxes there, possibly with the help of the rest of the Order of the Phoenix.
– There will be a showdown between Voldemort and Harry, after Harry finds (or is given) the remaining Horcruxes.
– Harry will win and ride off with Ginny on the back of his broomstick.
– Characters I think will die in Book 7: Lucius Malfoy, by Voldemort. Snape, also possibly by Voldemort. On the good guy side, Arthur Weasley may be killed. I don’t think Rowling would kill off one of the trio, or Neville. I think there’s more to Neville than meets the eye.

One of the Horcruxes is in Gringott’s bank — the safest place to hide anything except for Hogwarts — and Harry will help retrieve it with the help of Bill Weasley, the Gringott’s curse-breaker.

One of the Horcruxes is Ravenclaw’s wand.

An important part will be played by a fake wand, courtesy of Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes.

Harry will retrieve the four Horcruxes with the help of one of each of the races represented by the destroyed statue in the Ministry of Magic — a goblin (at Gringotts), a house-elf (at Hogwarts), a centaur (at the Dark Wood) and a male and female wizard (probably Ron and Hermione, who are wizard-born and Muggle-born, respectively).

Snape will die in a sacrifice to save Harry.

Damned hamsters ate my post earlier.

Crookshanks plays a role–he will help Harry.
Snape will die honorably.

Wormtail will not be able to kill Harry when he is told to (because of the debt he owes Harry). This will somehow turn the tables for Voldy and make Harry triumphant.

I like the losing the magic theory–it would end the series nicely. I can’t quite see Harry as a Muggle, though.

Petunia will ally herself with Harry, much to her horror, Harry’s surprise and to his benefit. She knows something about Godric’s Hollow–perhaps she’ll be the one to take Harry there?

There will be some dark art something at the wedding–to start the last adventure off.

That’s crazy talk! Snape was clearly in love with Lily and broke with Voldemort because of her murder. That’s why Dumbledore trusts him so much, but can’t reveal why.

However he is a nasty, hateful piece of work that probably hoped James and/or Harry would be killed, giving him a clear shot at Lily. Also, he’s definitely going to die. :slight_smile:

It’s obvious from the cover that Harry must defeat Voldemort in a dance-off.

Socks-remember how Dumbledore said one can never have enough socks? And Dobby is obsessed with socks? It’s got to have something to do with the house-elves.

And I still think Neville’s going to play a huge role. Whether he dies or not.

I agree – although I think he’s more likely to try striking out on his own over the summer and screw up in a big way, rather than just being persuaded.

OK, I have a feeling I’ll regret asking this, but HOW is Snape “clearly in love with Lily”? We have evidence that they interacted a grand total of once, and in that interaction she dutifully defends him without giving the slightest indication of liking him, and he calls her by the vilest racial epithet that exists in their culture. Doesn’t look much like love to me.

[quote]
I firmly believe this-truly, truly believe this. When Dumbledore said “Severus…please” and Snape made a face-he had to do it. Otherwise, he couldn’t continue being a double agent. Also, didn’t he make an Unbreakable Vow, and since Draco was to kill Dumbledore, Snape HAD to do it?

You summed my thoughts up nicely.
I’ve been giving thought to all the hats Hermione has been knitting for the house elves. If she has set a buttload of elves free, I suspect them coming to aid in #7.

I predict the Deathly Hallows will be a place Harry must go and there, he will meet characters who have died before.

He’ll have one last meeting with Sirius, Dumbledore, and eventually, his parents there. It will be very emotional.