So, what have you watched on Joost?

www.joost.com

if you want an invite, go to this thread:

I saw some Ren and Stimpy, which I liked but never was a huge fan of. They do or did have the episode with the ‘Happy Happy Joy Joy’ song, which was probably my favorite episode.

I saw some National Geographic stuff, like the ‘Lions vs Hyenas’ one, which I had seen on the air but enjoyed seeing again nevertheless. Also saw the 'Search For the Bismarck" which was interesting.

Saw the first few movies/episodes of ‘Lexx’, which was cheesy as hell. When it aired, I never saw how Zev (the platinum haired chick) became Xev (the trout-lipped chick), and stopped watching after that. I might watch some more, but it’s pretty cheesy stuff. Some brief nudity of Zev was nice though!

Saw the few episodes of ‘Action’ they have, that short-lived show with Jay Mohr as a movie producer and Iliana Douglas as his hooker/assistant. Kinda liked that show, I hope more episodes show up on Joost.

What’s Joost? It’s free TV, with the choice to watch alone or with friends. Joost is packed with internet tools such as instant messaging and channel chat, allowing people to really share the TV experience. It’s a completely secure platform for content owners that respects their rights, while protecting and enhancing their brands. And it’s an incredibly flexible way for advertisers to reach a truly global audience, in ways that really work. Joost isn’t just video on the internet - it’s the next generation of television for viewers, content owners and advertisers everywhere.

seems plausible

though youtube comes to mind

“Seems plausible”? How would it be implausible?

It’s very different from youtube, btw, there’s no user-generated content.

Also, watched some videos. Ministry, Depeche Mode, Amy Winehouse comes to mind, but there was probably more.

I’ve been watching 5th Gear, as that’s a show I can rarely find being aired around here. (Occasionally I’ve spotted it on the ‘Speed on Demand’ channel, but that’s been it.)

Haven’t branched out to other channels yet, but so far my impressions are good. The whole two ads I’ve seen so far have been where I’ve expected them: they’ve cropped up during the usual commercial break pause.

<< Cats are taoists. They know the way and are always in it. >>

That’s odd, they seem to pop up at random times for me, very clearly not the usual commercial break time. I wonder if it depends on which show one is watching.

Possibly: I wouldn’t be surprised it if depends on what items are being shown in that particular show combined with what kinds of ads the advertisers have paid for. (I’ve seen one for Esurance, and I can’t remember the other one so it definitely wasn’t that effective!)

Watched the short cartoons “Lenore The Cute Little Dead Girl”, thought they were pretty good.

I’m in the process of watching the Spider-Man: The New Animated Series. I missed most of the episodes when it was on MTV a few years back.

Kids like Rockey and Bullwinkle, Mr Magoo. Fractured fairy tales.

Started watching the pilot for “News Radio” with Dave Foley, and it really sucked.

They have the Æon Flux cartoons as well, I find them pretty entertaining.

There’s also a Stephen Lynch concert 'Live At The El Rey", which I had seen before.

I watched the Red Bull Air Race wrap-up. I really want to get in to that.

I’ve watched the “World of Stupid” series. Though the only ones that were really amusing were the Dudesons, and they had (have?) their own show on MTV for a while.

It seems pretty solid, but they could still use some more and better content… Some movies and widescreen content would be nice.

There’s a cartoon called “The Superficial Friends”, it’s like the Super Friends but it’s Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, and the Olson twins as bulimic superheroes. Not hilarious, but some laughs were had.

FYI, here’s some useful Joost RSS feeds
New Joost Channels: http://hal.schechner.com/joost/feeds/channels_new.xml
Removed Joost Channels: http://hal.schechner.com/joost/feeds/channels_removed.xml
New Joost Content: http://hal.schechner.com/joost/feeds/content_new.xml
Removed Joost Content: http://hal.schechner.com/joost/feeds/content_removed.xml

I see now there’s some Babylon 5, Stranger With Candy, and lots of stuff I never heard of before.