Why Would You Eat Something Called "Veggie Booty"?

'Cause it sounds to me like it would taste like ass. However, if you do eat it, I suggest you stop as it’s being recalled.

“Sea Cliff” doesn’t strike me as a great name for a company, either.

Hm. “Veggie Booty”. I’d eat it, assuming I liked it. Hell, I’d have that as my default snack when I go places. The empty bags of Booty would be my calling card.

They’re veggie chips. I’ve had them and they were quite good, as far as potato-chip type snacks go. No ass or salmonella flavor at the time.

They’re pretty good, actually. Kinda like hippie Cheetos. I’ve never had any that looked like veggie chips, but maybe they have different varieties. They’re veg-friendly snack foods, crunchy puffs with some kind of seaweed or spinach powder or something equally suspicious-looking. My co-workers used to chow this stuff like you wouldn’t believe.

Ahem, some of us like the taste of booty. (as long as it’s female!)

Ah, I’ve got the name figured out. See Pirate’s Booty. So the veg version of pirates booty would of course be Veggie Booty.

Still dinnæ make it less hilarious.

In regards to the name, it’s pirate themed, hence the “booty.” There’s a few varieties of it (I think one of them is actually just called “Pirate Booty.”)

I’ve had it before and, while not bad, is 2-3x the price of comparable snack foods, I imagine for a few reasons.

1. Smaller sales = bigger markup per item
  2. More expensive ingredients/manufacturing
  3. The fact that 99% of “hippy foods” are always more expensive than regularm, often just because the marketing people know the people who buy them will pay that much.

They sell these at my work-local supermarket, in the organic/health food section. I’ve never been brave enough to try them, owing pretty much exclusively to my aversion to admitting that I’m eating booty of any sort. It would make for an interesting opening conversation gambit, though.

“Excuse me. Can I interest you in my booty?”

I guess for other reasons I’m glad I’ve never tried them, much less like them. The last thing I want to hear about is a recall on my booty.

I used to like eating veggie booty.

I don’t know if I want to know the answer to this question since these types of things freak me out. But now I’m curious and don’t want to google it.

So without getting too gross, can anyone explain how salmonella can be on a dry food? I thought there had to be some moisture for it to survive. Is that wrong?

These are baked (I think) and have no animal products. How does it have salmonella?

Sigh. I can remember when the phrase “pirate booty” was funny because it evoked images of buccaneers in little knitted baby footwear. So “veggie booty” would either be footwear for baby vegetables, or baby footwear made from vegetables.

These days, “veggie booty” sounds like the worst episode of VeggieTales ever. Or possibly the best episode ever, depending on which direction you’re bent.

I like the Pirate’s Booty. It’s sort of like Cheetos but lighter, fluffier and less artificially cheesey. I don’t buy it very often because I have no self control and tend to eat the whole bag at one time. I’ve never tried the Veggie Booty … and I guess I won’t, not anytime soon.

The best product in their line is Fruity Booty.

For the name alone.

My daycare provider gives the stuff to the kids sometimes for their snack. It’s kind of cute, because they think it’s a real treat, like cheetos or something. But it’s green! Not that appetizing-looking, but it’s tasty enough for a healthier-type junk food.

[Carnac The Magnificent Hat ON]

Veggie Booty… Veggie Booty…
“What do people cruising Wellelsey College hope to score?”

[Carnac the Magnificent Hat OFF]

I’m not sure I would eat it, but the booty=arse connection isn’t by any means an established one in my part of the world.

If I saw the word ‘booty’ before appreciating the context, I would think (in this order):

-Pirates or similar
-A baby’s knitted shoe
…then a little while later…
-Oh, yes, that’s an American slang term for arse

You’re thinking of Tings. I think they’re made by the same company as Veggie Booty, and they’re delicious!

Yikes–my one-year-old nephew loves these, and eats them all the time. I better call my sister!

Daniel

Yeah, I have a bag of this in the pantry that I was going to try with my kid because he LOVES Pirate’s Booty :(. Glad we decided to try the Pirate’s Booty first with him.

That makes me nervous to keep feeding him any of the Robert’s Gourmet stuff right now.

Bwhahaha!

Alternately, you could see someone having some and ask, “Could I have your booty?”

Don’t ask, just go right ahead and plunder their booty.