Ask the guy who lost a bet to the devil!

Yes, it’s true, I lost my bet with Satan.

So, given the spate of “Ask the…” threads that sprouted this summer, I’m starting a new one.

Ask me your questions.

Ask me about the stupidity involved in making a bet about a game that the Eagles played against an opponent they haven’t beaten in four years.
Ask me about my upcoming trip to Sweden.
Ask me about my band that just broke up.
Ask me about my opinions on the upcoming election.
Ask me for dating advice.

Ahh, hell, I’ll even give technical support in this thread, as well as basic pointers on web design.

Just ask me!

I said I’d post, hon. :slight_smile:

So, for dating advice…how does a nice chick like myself find a guy? :wink:

So…

how about your upcoming trip to Sweden?

(Dirty pool - post it one word at a time! :wink: )

Find out when the fleet’s in Norfolk. Go to the Waterside. I’ve heard that works. :slight_smile:

Seriously, you’re a wonderful woman, Falcon, and don’t let anything or anyone convince you otherwise. If I could meet Anniz then some other schlub will meet you.

I can’t wait. I’m leaving Washington on Friday evening the 17th (19.05 flight), and after a layover in Paris DeGaulle Saturday morning, I’ll arrive in Stockholm on Saturday afternoon at 13.55.

In addition to normal sightseeing and hanging out stuff, Anniz and I are planning to take an overnight cruise to Helsinki for a daytrip.

Thanks for asking!

SOMEONE is desperate to pad their posts…

Well, that’s indicative of a Philly boy. Us New Yorkers have more class than that…

Notice this is not a question, and as such you need not reply and waste a good post on the response! :slight_smile:

Yer pal,
Satan

*TIME ELAPSED SINCE I QUIT SMOKING:
Six months, three weeks, 42 minutes and 17 seconds.
8161 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,020.15.
Extra time with Drain Bead: 4 weeks, 8 hours, 5 minutes.

THE YANKEES WIN! THAAAAAAH YANKEES WIN!
1996 · 1998 ··· WORLD CHAMPIONS ··· 1999 · 2000
26 Titles! The #1 Dynasty of all-time!
And most importantly… RULERS OF NYC!!

smiles at Satan

Oh come on, hon…you’d have 100 posts in a few days yourself if you’d lost. :slight_smile:

If SOMEONE is desparate to pad their posts, why did they post in a thread dedicated to questions and answers?

How do you like your new sig?

How many times can you post in one day?

I challenge you to post no less than 30 times tomorrow!

I have to admit, I laughed when I first saw it. It could be worse (like how Satan told me in an IM that he considered mentioning Anniz in it), and thankfully it’s short.

It’s also patently ridiculous and hopefully no one will assume it’s even in the slightest true.

Thanks for asking!

Well, I’ve posted about twenty times today, and if this thread gets life and I have a quiet day at work tomorrow, I might meet your challenge.

But, I’m not betting on it.

Thanks for asking!

Damn, Satan, remind me NEVER to make a bet with you! That sig’s gotta hurt.

So Montfort - I didn’t know you played in a band. What kinda music did you do and what did you play? Anything else you deem relevant, please add.

1. Satan has far too much class to mention Anniz.

2. It’s ridiculous, which is part of the fun.

3. How many threads will you be starting in the next day or so to pad your post count?

4. Do you mine if I pad mine to help you pad yours?

My questions for you:

1. I’m eating baked peta chips. How does this make you feel?

2. Have you ever been to Sweeden before?

3. What would you have made Satan’s sig be had you won?

4. Do you have an opinion on hermit crabs?

5. Is there any outcome in the next election which will make you want to stay in Sweeden?

I was in a band that I co-founded called Chance of Rain. It was formed by my friend Rebecca and I about three years ago to submit a track for a tribute album to Marillion, a favourite band of both of ours.

After we submitted our track, “The Release,” we decided to continue on with original music. The other three members at the time weren’t as inclines as us, so we re-started without them. BTW, I played bass guitar, and Rebecca was the lead singer.

Over the next few years, it went very slowly but we started making a little progress. A year and a half ago, we added Lauren, whom I considered the true talent in the band: she sang, played piano, and also the violin. Then, we went through the Spinal Tap phase, as we couldn’t keep a guitarist in the band with duct tape.

Recently, after our drummer, Mi, quit, the three of us met to discuss our future. I was frustrated by the lack of overall effort and decided to disband Chance of Rain. Rebecca, Lauren and I remain friends and we might reunite, we might not. But, I’m not deciding anything for a while, and won’t even think about anything musically until I return from Sweden.

This thread was started by me after we broke up.

1. Yes, I do credit him that. His taste in sports teams, though, leaves a little (okay, a lot) to be desired.

2. Yep, I’m all in favour of that.

3. Probably none more than this. Maybe one or two, but this is the only one I’ve intentionally stated. Besides, I’ve always wanted to ask a Ask the Montfort thread. :slight_smile:

4. Go ahead.

Thanks for asking!

Oops… You mean it’s not true? ::snicker::

Okay, my question. Why didn’t you just listen to me? :smiley: I have another one. What’s the difference between a duck? One more. If possible, would you want to know when, where, and how you’re going to die, knowing you could do nothing to stop it?

Hi andygirl!

1. I’m not sure what peta chips are, but I like the Baked Lays potato chips. My tummy’s a little unstable tonight, so it doesn’t make me hungry like a mention of chips normally would, but as long as it’s vegetarian I’m cool with it.

2. Nope. The only non-US countries I’ve been in before are: France, The UK (twice), New Zealand, Australia, Switzerland, The Czech Republic, and Canada.

3. In the original bet thread, I mused that I would do a riff on his smoking meter thread, something like “TIME ELAPSED SINCE THE EAGLES BEAT THE NEW JERSEY GIANTS.” I’m not sure what it would’ve been in the end, but something like what I posted in there was my idea.

4. I used to have a hermit crab as a pet when I was in sixth grade. For some reason, they were very popular in my middle school, and for an even odder reason, they were allowed in classrooms (we kept them in Dixie cups). They’re cute. But not as cute as grey kittens.

5. Probably if Bush wins big, and the Republicans get an even larger majority in both houses of Congress. And, if Anniz locks me up, as threatened, I might stay there.

Thanks for asking!

Hi Miss Tique (or, are you married yet?)!

No, it’s not true.

I never listen to people, and my hubris in believing the Eagles could beat the New Jersey Giants came back to bite me in the ass. But, I’m not letting Anniz penetrate it.

Besides, wouldn’t you like the opportunity to compose Satan’s sig?

Between a duck and …?

Sure, I’d love to know. Hopefully it’s not until after the 27th of November, if I can request one aspect of control over the matter.

Thanks for asking!