"Guy" Foods

What type of foods would you consider to be “Guy” Foods? What I mean is, foods that are only truly appreciated, or eaten predominately by men? Ladies, are there any foods that your SO (or brother, father, etc.) eats that you can’t understand for the life of you why they enjoy it?

For me, it’s the cold meatloaf sandwich. Mrs. SS makes a helluva mean meatloaf, and I always have her make two: one for dinner and one for sandwiches the next day. Slap a little mayo on there, and a big slice of onion and I’m in heaven. But my wife just doesn’t get it. She has no desire to TRY one, let alone make herself one. Yet, most of the guys I talk to all love meatloaf sandwiches.

Are there any other foods that you can think of like this?

• SS

Do women eat Dagwood sandwiches (i.e. pretty much the entire contents of the refrigerator between two or more slices of bread)?

Cold pizza for breakfast. Yum.

Potted meat and crackers
Sardines and crackers
Vienna sausages and crackers
Head cheese and crackers
Souse and crackers

(the above generously dressed with Tabasco sauce)

Spam.

I think soooooooooomebody likes crackers.

• Gives Zeldar a cracker on a cracker*

Beans and sausage

Big, honkin’ slabs of MEAT!

Anything out of a big jar in a bar
Meatloaf sandwiches…yum!

Best username/OP combo EVAH!

Woman here. Good GOD, I adore meatloaf sandwiches! They’re the best part of making a meatloaf, IMO. I like one on whole wheat with ketchup, myself.

A Ritz on two saltines or, better yet, a Ritz between two saltines, inside two Club crackers: A Club sandwich!

There’s been a thread or two lately about this frontier woman or some such’s website full of “hearty” recipes. I checked it out and immediately noticed a guy section and a gal section. Nice, heart-clogging meaty dishes for guys and dainty salads for women. Please. :rolleyes:

I’ve lived with enough women to learn a couple things: Guys fart. So do women, but deny it.

Guys eat like pigs. So do women, but deny it.

I’m suspicious of “guy foods” and “gal foods.”

Although, in my humble experience women are more likely to chow down a quart of ice cream or peanut butter, and guys are more likely to force down an entire pizza.

If you’re blue and you don’t know where to go to
why don’t you go where fashion sits.

Ugh, cold meatloaf sandwiches with ketchup were the first thing I thought of. My husband eats them. Bleah!

However, he did teach me to eat peanut butter and bacon sandwiches (I put honey on mine), and scrapple. Nummy!

Eatin’ on a Ritz (said Peter Boyle style)

How about things likely to appear at a Super Bowl party?

Take out pizza and buffalo wings.

And yeah! Anything with lots of bacon in it.

Cold pizza for breakfast. I can’t stomach it, but every guy I know HAS to save pizza for the morning. Gack.

Women rinse cuts and bandage them. Guys suck the blood out of a wound until it stops bleeding.

Blood tastes great!

Predominately by men? Vagina.

Sorry, sorry.

Um- jerky?

Don’t forget chili, the hotter the better. Also baby back ribs (ribs in general, actually), lasagna, and giant subs and burgers overloaded with toppings.

I like mine with black pepper and garlic with a side of garlic mashed pototoes.

I would think bratwurst or any kind of wurst or sausage type log of meat would be a “guy” food.