"Guy" Foods

“Don’t forget the Guy’s…real potato chips”

Will you marry me?

Whatever perversion of a cholesterol burger Wendy’s offers periodically - right now, it’s the Spicy Baconator. Mmmmm, Baconator! A perusal of the Nutrition Info confirms it’s a guy food: 880 calories, 500 from fat, 1850 mg of sodium.

I don’t know too many women who can say that they eat as many hot dogs as the average guy.

And I don’t know if this counts, but bourbon too. Girls just don’t like bourbon.

Biscuits and gravy and chicken-fried steak. What do I win?

You mean I’m married to a guy???

My wife loves bourbon. I’m kinda sorry I introduced her to it. She keeps insisting that I share. :smiley:

Tch. Bite your tongue. I love burboun. But it’s true that I no longer qualify as a “girl,” so that may have something to do with it.

I agree on the hot dogs thing. Even if I do love a good chili dog…

I love cold pizza for breakfast, and I’m a girl.

Well, I suppose there are some “girl” foods and “guy” foods… I unfortunately discovered shortly after moving here that I enjoyed many of the “guy” foods my husband enjoys, and am now in the process of working off the 80 extra pounds the consumption of that food over the past 4 1/2 years gave me. I can eat hot dogs like nobody’s business, meatloaf in all its incarnations is a thing of beauty, cold pizza in the morning is like waking up in heaven, and those “manly men” foods the Pioneer Woman suggest? explodes like Exploding Eddie

The one thing I can think of, however, is that when my husband cooks, it’s always called “Hobo Stew”. Sometimes, it’s a roaring success. There was a memorable time when he took some leftover pasta in tomato sauce, threw in some breaded chicken nuggets and tater tots, chopped up hot dogs were added, topped it all with some leftover cheese, and called it good. It was… interesting.

I love my husband, and his efforts are always appreciated and smilingly choked down (pass the bourbon), but he and I both agree that, unless I’ve left him detailed (extremely detailed) instruction, that cooking is simply not his forte and is best left to me. Not because I’m a woman, but because my meatloaf is pretty rockin’ without chicken nuggets and hot dogs.

He makes a mean Kraft Dinner, though. Little dry. Needs bourbon to help it move along.

Ok, ok, *most * women don’t care for bourbon. I’ll bet if we went into any bar on earth and offered free bourbon shots around there’d be lots more guys taking those drinks than girls.

Hey, I’m no fan of bourbon, but if it’s free . . .

Yeah, I’d go with whisky in general, especially scotch. As for food, honestly, I haven’t really noticed that much different eating patterns between what I eat and what female friends of mine eat. Perhaps it’s just the company I keep. The only difference I note is that none of my female friends like food as spicy as I like it, so that’s about it.

Girl here. (OK, I’m too old to be a girl. I’m a WOOOOOMAN! Double-you-oh-em-ay-en!)

Scotch is my preferred drink, although I don’t buy it often to drink at home. I also love leftover pizza for breakfast. I like it room temp rather than cold, though. That’s why I usually leave it out overnight in the box. :eek:

The one thing I truly think of as guy food is Slim Jims and the like. My son wheedled me for one at the grocery store not long ago and I forgot to say, “DO NOT open that in the car!” Ugh, the smell! Hrrk…hrrrk…hurrrrk

I’ll go along with that. Gender has little to do with it. My son is studying to be a chef. His sister (two years younger) horrifies him with some of her concoctions. Chili mac with hot dogs and peas is her absolute favorite. Number one son looks ill every time she cooks it…

Liverwurst and onion on a big, crusty Kaiser roll. With beer.

I think a guy is more likely to eat limburger.
I believe you could prove it empirically.
Statistically, more men will try it after smelling it than women.

put it on a good rye, loose the beer and sub in a nice iced tea, and put mayo and some lettuce on it and Ill call it good. Never developed a taste for beer, and burbon is ok but I am pretty much off alcohol nowdays as i want to keep my liver alive.

I like meatloaf sandwiches, cold pizza, hot dogs, good chili, baby back [or pretty much any rib] the perfect steak/bake combo especially if done over a real charcoal grill … so i guess i am into guy foods, but i like salads, finger sandwiches, cold soups and other girly foods too …

I like a thick, cold, meatloaf sandwich on nickles with ketchup or cocktail sauce (horseradish and ketchup).

Oh, just give it a vagina, then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Win?