"Guy" Foods

I’m so glad you brought this up! I hear a commercial for this sandwich approximately 18 times a night during baseball games on the radio. And it bugs me that the premise of the commercial is a perky young girl being REALLY excited about the SIX pieces of bacon on the sandwich.

I know us girls like bacon. Everybody likes bacon. Even tho I’m a fat girl myself I would never in a million years think “Woah, six pieces of bacon?! That’s so awesome, I’m gonna get me one!” Most women, I’d think, are more “Six pieces of bacon? I hate myself! (I’ll have two…)”

There’s a much better commercial on the TV right now for some bacon thing at Taco Bell. A hot chick brings a Taco Bell Bacon Thingy to a club so she can score some guys, because everyone knows guys like bacon. And of course, it works.

Am I totally sexist by thinking that Wendy’s has it all wrong?
Also, I think corned beef hash from a can is totally guy food.

I think it’s generally safe to say that any food which requires a lot of gnawing meat off a bone qualifies as Guy Food. Ribs, Hot Wings, T-Bone Steak, Pork Chops, Smoked Turkey Legs…mmm, Guy Food.

You might have a point there… even my little bitty guys (3 and almost 2 years old) seem to have some inherent love for gnawing meat off a bone. You think it’s some evolutionary Y-chromosome link, or just that boys like messy food? :stuck_out_tongue:

The funny thing is most of the women in my life, from my mother to most of my girlfriends, have all had a habit of picking bones off my plate and nibbling every last bit of edible matter off the bone, so I don’t think of any of that as women food in any way.

You have obviously never seen me eat ribs. I have been known to make four meatloaves at a time, one to bake immediately and three to stash in the fridge. My husband will eat hot meatloaf, but I’m the one who loves it even more as sandwiches the next day.

Why is it that most of these “guy foods” involve lumps of dead animals?

Anyway, I didn’t realize chili was considered a guy food. I make a mean chili and I could eat it every day, easy. I even put it in my scrambled eggs. Nummy.

But scrambled eggs are a girlie girl food. A guy would have chili and hard boiled eggs. Or maybe fried for the extra cholesterol.

Wait…fried Chili!!! Genius! Oh, I’ll make millions.

Doner Kebab (I think that’s called a ‘Gyro’ in some parts of the world). Consumed almost exclusively by drunken men.

Guys would go to the extra trouble to hard boil an egg? :confused:

Count me as another girl who’ll drink good scotch and loves spicy food… :wink: Oh and steak. Steak is not guy food. Its just food. And good food at that. :stuck_out_tongue:

A real guy buys his eggs ready boiled from the store, along with the pre cooked chili :smiley:

If we exclude the beer, it seems I’m a gastronomical woman.

I dislike bacon, I hate eating meat from the bone and I avoid frying.

Oh well. I’ve been called worse.

I present to you the Yorkie Bar - it’s not for girls!

Between this, and other threads I’ve seen you in, I am developing a Doper Crush.

My friend has turned this into “girl food” by sliding the toppings of the cold pizza into a panful of scrambled eggs, to make an omlette.

Ditto. And washed down with a beer, assuming there are any left in the fridge from the night before.

Ahh… that just brings back lovely memories of university, when we rented a keg for our housewarming and ended up having beer for breakfast for the next week.

For the record, I also like chili hot enough to make you break into a sweat, gnawing on ribs and chicken wings, cold meatloaf sandwiches (slathered in BBQ sauce, pls), and have consumed all manner of greasy and fattening things as a late-evening snack whilst under the influence (including doner kebab, Halifax-style with sweet garlic sauce).

checks in pants Yup, definitely still a girl.

rice cooker, sushi rice, scrambled egg, couple of slices of American Processed Cheese food, Beer Brauts.

The greaze permeates the rice with Johnsonvillian Goodness™

I have my heart surgeon on speed dial.

You had one keg of beer that lasted a whole week???

We would wake up and eat cold pizza and drink left-on-the-counter-warm-beer. Better watch out for cigarette butts, too. :eek:

I’m a girl (ok, woman), and I love cold pizza, cold meatloaf sandwiches with ketchup, and bourbon.

My husband likes peanut butter and sliced sweet pickle sandwiches. Is that a guy thing, or is he just weird? :wink:

Wild game, on the whole, seems to be something more preferred by men than by women. There are women who enjoy game but ,IME, they are more reluctant than men to try game meats. This is particularly true of the smaller “cuter” animals.