This country is really getting stupid!

I really miss the freedoms we used to have.

They’re going to ban Flavored Cigarettes. Why? Because kids want to try them! Kids want to try them because of the fruit and candy flavors. God knows no adults are interested in that.

I haven’t smoked cigs for over 15 years and this still bugs me.

What next? Ban flavored vodka? Good-bye strawberry wine! What about mouthwash. That’s flavored, and it has alcohol in it. Gotta go! And chewable vitamins. They’re fruit flavored. Too many and a poor kid could get real sick. Out they go! And flavored toothpicks. Gotta ban those. Do you know how many mother fuckers die from swallowing toothpicks every year? And pussy. Gotta ban that. Some of those are flavored pretty good. Can’t let a teenager have pussy. So ban it for everybody! No more pussy for anybody because some teenage prick wanted to try it. Lord knows if a guy trys pussy once, he’ll be hooked on it the rest of his life. Can’t have that happen.

Rather than doing our best to keep kids from getting ADULT products, let’s just fucking ban everything for everybody. This shit leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Better go eat some pussy and drink a berry weiss while I still can!

I don’t smoke, but things like this kind of make me want to go buy some as a fuck you to law makers.

It is kind of annoying that they have no problem sticking to the tobacco industry’s ass like white on rice, but they scared to death of regulating banks, airlines, insurance companies; you know, companies that make a huge difference in virtually all our lives, not just smokers.

It’s things like this that make me reach for the extra-strength Fuckitol.

[Joy from My Name is Earl]“Flavored Vodka is for sissies and pregnant women!”[/Joy from My Name is Earl]

Yep yep yep. I just hope teenagers never learn that masturbation, sex, and pot can be enjoyable or that’ll end it for us all.

Yeah. And bring back clove cigarettes. They smelled a lot better than the regular ones.

Hey now! Don’t even joke about that! That’s not funny! I would never drink tainted vodka but strawberry wine? You betcha !

Either you’re a freak, or I am. :wink: I thought those things were vile. And I don’t much like regular tobacco smoke, in the first place.
I’d feel a Hell of a lot less conflicted about these various pushes to marginalize smokers if it weren’t for the fact that the same fucking governments that are so eager to ban so much about smoking are also dependent upon monies from smoking sales to make their budgets work.

As it is, every time the sales tax on cigarettes is raised in NYS it’s always touted as a public health measure. Then someone will mention, at the very end of the press conference, that the state needs a little more money, anyways. :dubious:

No biggy.

Meh.

Good riddance.

So what? None of this matters.

Woah. Wait. What?!? Have you heard something I haven’t?

Revolution NOW!

Just don’t add flavoring to either, or you’ll bring down the wrath of the Protectors!

The vulgar history of the FDA and the tobacco industry fills me with vulgarity. If you think they’ve been harsh to the tobacco industry, you are in for a rude awakening. I don’t recall the title at the moment, but there’s an excellent book by a former FDA head that gets into some of the gory detail about trying to take on the industry. I’ll be back when I can at least find the title.

ETA: Not as hard to find as I thought. A Question of Intent . The link is the first hit from Google, a CNN piece on the book.

God, I shuddered just reading that. What a scary, scary man with scary, scary ideas.

Back when I was young and foolish and smoked the occasional cigarette, I thought menthols were about the nastiest things ever. I can’t imagine wanting to smoke a cigarette that tastes like mint or fruit. Sounds absolutely vile.

:confused: Kessler’s ideas, as expressed in that article, are scary only to the tobacco industry. Not even to smokers.

When I was passing through London a couple of years ago, there was talk of banning a new form of pre-mixed drinks sold at pubs. (It was easier than mixing them on the spot.) They came in a neat dispenser shaped like a hypodermic needle.

It might encourage drug use amongst those who drink.

I don’t think we should ban flavored cigarettes, but can we ban whatever fucking douche bags over the age of 13 smoke 'em?

[A.E. Neuman]
What, me scary?
[/A.E. Neuman]

Take a deeper look into the book and the story it contains. I was first exposed to it in a law school seminar. We were a viciously analytic group, and mixed in terms of liberal/conservative bias. Lots of texts were ripped to shreds for various reasons; this one survived relatively intact.

Replace “addictive drug” with fancy car or unhealthy food or anything that isn’t completely necessary. It’s a complete bullshit question. They should profit because it’s a product that people want and they provide it.

I’m all for limiting the places where people are allowed to smoke. I love that I can go into a bar and not have to breathe in that poison. But this is ridiculous. Cigarette companies should be allowed to sell these.

Then you have lost your right to be free. You cannot be for limiting someone elses liberty without somewhere down the line your own freedoms being compromised. Call it Karma or “what goes around comes around”, that’s just the way things like this work out.

Bars are privately owned businesses. If you don’t like smoke you should stay the fuck out. Or go to one that prohibits smoking on it’s own. Or open your own fuck head bar and ban smoking. But to insist the authorities do it for you is pathetic.