The Mole, 6/9/08 (OPEN SPOILERS)

Too bad that Liz is gone. I liked her.

Bobby is unbelievable. Literally. How can someone be so unfit? Especially after he claimed to be such a great soccer player. Is he faking to make people think he’s the Mole? Or is he really the Mole?

The people who last week suggested that Victoria may be the Mole may have a point. She’s been very low key, non-obvious. Good strategy for the Mole, as long as everyone else is doing a good job self-destructing. Or else she’s just an ordinary player.

I’m still suspicious of Mark.

I thought when Paul busted open the pig and found the exemption token that he had probably broken a rule and would be penalized. After all, how did they intend to award that exemption? Wasn’t there supposed to be a method by which any of the players could have gotten it? If so what was it, and why didn’t they stick with it?

I’m bummed about Liz too.

Bobby is starting to make me spit with contempt every time I see him on. Seriously? Every task has been met with physical fail. I doubt he is the Mole, that’s way too obvious. Part of his strategy might be to look weak in the beginning, and later on bulk up. I don’t care either way, he sucks for having Kristen pushing him around in the wheelbarrow that way. I’d have dumped him. If Paul could break open a pig and earn an exemption, I think the rest of Bobby’s team could have sought out the piggies and as long as they came back together, it might not have mattered.

Clay and Victoria top my Mole list at the moment. Nicole doesn’t bother me, she took a legit shortcut, same as Paul.

Our Anderson Cooper- and David Stanley-free saboteur hunt continues in Chile, where our players prove why soccer never caught on in the United States: because Americans are so damn lazy. It’s Mark and Kristen on a bicycle vs. everyone else on a gondola. The catch? The bicycle keeps breaking down. The other catch? To get the ticket to get to the gondola, the players have to score a goal in a soccer match. It seems to be child’s play, as the rival players are actually children. But they get their asses handed to them, and Paul starts lying down on the job. Eventually, the team scores a penalty kick, but don’t make it in time- even though Mark and Kristen decided not to take $5,000 out of the pot to take a taxi to the end, they still beat the other players, thus getting them no extra money. Mark and Kristen also get an exemption.

The players then go on a pig hunt through a Chilean town. They must find clay pigs, and throw them with a giant slingshot. Bobby claims his legs hurt, so his teammates carry him along in their wheelbarrow. Alex speaks Spanish, and is able to find a lot of pigs with help of the townspeople. Bobby and his gang look for pigs in a place filled with them, but none with the Mole thumbprint that is needed. Since all Robert can tell the townspeople is “my name is Robert,” he has no idea what’s going on. Waiting for the other players to arrive so they can catch the pigs, Paul breaks open the pig that’s already there after he hears a rattle inside and gets an exemption, much to the anger of Liz, who would have done it if she had known. Bobby’s gang gets no pigs at all, since they’re carrying him instead. But there are other pigs, and now it’s time to catch them! Pigs keep breaking until Craig takes over the slingshot- all his years at summer camp finally pay off. The team ends up with 28 pigs for $28,000 in the pot.

That night, some eagle-eyed players notice Alex left his diary in his room. They think he was stupid for doing so, but the diary contains no useful information. Alex claims he did it on purpose. If Liz wasn’t kicking herself before, she probably is after the quiz, as she is executed. Paul comments on how curious Nicole and Bobby have been, causing Nicole to threaten to kill him in his sleep without leaving a trace. Could one of them be the Mole? Only time can tell.

(Please report my other thread to a mod for closure- this one did not exist at the time I started writing. Thank you.)

Done Mobo.

Moving this over from the previous thread:

I rewatched that part of the episode, and Airblairxx is right about the fingerprint. Except it’s only there when she’s actually on the raft, and not afterwards when we see her wet and all. Meaning, I believe, that the fingerprint has been added to the footage digitally instead of being really there.

So, what does it mean? Well, it’s fall too blatant a clue I think (even if no one else noticed it - consciously) if they were intending to do a ‘special clues for tv viewers’, plus they haven’t mentioned that possibility in the show. I mean, the previous season’s clues were things like clues to zodiac signs and birth places, not giant signs on the mole’s back.

My guess is that it’s a red herring. Victoria must not be the mole BUT must last a good long time in the game. Those who noticed the thumbprint, maybe even subconciously, will view her with extra suspicion, and will probably be more likely to continue watching the series to have their keenness rewarded when the mole is revealed.

This is maybe a goofy question, but: how long does altitude sickness last? Is it possible that Bobby is so sucky because of the elevation? Or have they been there long enough that it shouldn’t matter any more?

Also: if you were one of Nicole’s ob/gyn patients, would you look into changing doctors STAT? Maybe it’s me, but I don’t think I want anyone that hostile anywhere near my girlie bits.
Also: Dear Paul – You’re a jerk and a bully. Please fall in a hole and die. Thanks! Love XOXOXO, rockle.

And finally: Who is Ali? Have we seen her more than three times so far?

I’ve edited thread title and first post to avoid spoilers. Please, folks, when you start a thread, remember that there are people who haven’t seen the show yet.

My apologies.

But this raises a question I’ve asked in this thread.

Ali’s the blonde model who scored the one soccer goal. If you haven’t noticed her, you’re required to hand in your Man Card at the nearest sports bar, shooting range, or gas station.

Where does a woman of the female persuasion normally get one? I believe mine might have been lost at the Records Office … :wink:

San Francisco?

I"m wondering if Alex could be an extra-sneaky mole.

There’s a lot of points against the idea, I know. From this ep, the big ones are that he turned down the chance to guarantee the loss of money by taking the taxi up the hill. But the producers could have tipped him to how badly the others were doing, and he wanted to avoid the extra suspicion the added grand out of the pot would bring him. After all, my theory is that he’s a mole who’s pretending to be ‘the competitive jerk’ of the show.

There’s also that he was responsible for finding more pigs than anyone else. But notice that he destroyed as many as he possibly could by his overbearing incompetance with the launcher. Then when others took control, he kept trying to get them to rush, which could have been an attempt to make them break the pigs.

Anyway, I know it’s a long shot. But I’m saying Alex, for now.